This is our second visit for afternoon tea. This time we had per booked Christmas afternoon tea and pre paid. On arrival we were given the normal menu which had a nice choice weren't what we had arranged this was quickly resolved. Our order came well presented although could have had a choice of more Christmas sandwich fillings not just the same as the regular menu. We were on 2 occasions offered more hot drinks however the opportunity to up sell us Champagne was missed. The staff never rushed us even though they were well into diner service when we chose to leave. Our left over cakes were wrapped so we could take them home. On leaving we got almost out of the door before a very panicky member of staff ran up with our bill having pre paid as a gift as was not very impressed but it was quickly resolved. Communication needs to be improved. However we would highly recommend a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Otel, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland