“just perfect”
Review of Matfen Hall

Matfen Hall
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Matfen
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have just returned from a one night stay and i must say it was faultless. We arrived on friday 23rd nov for the brendan healy night after checking in we were in our room within 5 minutes a classic double this room was outstanding beautifull bathroom and shower soft towels and one of the best beds i have ever slept in. We had dinner in the great hall staff and service as well as the food could not be faulted breakfast next morning again spot on loverly matfen full english as well as your fruit jucies cerealls tea coffe and toast great spa facilites.

OVERALL
great hotel in beautiful grounds
great staff always met you with a smile
this hotel to me is totaly faultless
I WILL BE BACK

1  Thank bigbri2010
BernieBloodworth, General Manager at Matfen Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Guest

It was great to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Such high praise is a great reward for the whole team here at Matfen, which I know they will be delighted with – thank you!

I do hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was lucky enough to celebrate a birthday with friends at Matfen Hall, and it was a dining experience I'll never forget. One large table for eighteen in the beautiful Print Room, attentive service, and three perfectly cooked courses (plus cheese and the odd glass of wine!). We were looked after so well, and I can't find anything to fault them on.

I also stayed overnight, and whilst my memory was a little hazy on finally getting to bed I do remember how great room service breakfast was in the morning (delivered on time too!). Definitely recommended - I'll certainly be back next time there's an event to celebrate!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank JRP72

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent visit to Matfen Hall. The Print room is a beautiful room for private dining and I am delighted your evening was so enjoyable.

Thank you again and I look forward to you returning to Matfen Hall very soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had a short break at Matfen and it surpassed our expectations. We have visited other better know and more expensive establishments nearby and Matfen prooved to be a match if not better than most.
The spa is excellent with a spacious pool and several specialist steam, aroma rooms and saunas.
The rooms must have been recently refurbished, they were pristine, roomy and with a small balcony.
Best part for me was breakfast, after indulging in fresh fruit, juices and cereals, our breakfast was cooked to order and served by pleasant staff. A great start to the day.

Well done Matfen staff.

1  Thank BillyWhizBillingham

Dear Guest

I am pleased you enjoyed your recent short break at Matfen Hall and your kind words are greatly appreciated – thank you!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Matfen Hall in the very near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Well done Vince Pearson !!! The Bar & restaurant manager was outstanding he demonstrated a caring & attentive approach towards my sister & I when we visited the Maften Hall Hotel yesterday. He is a good Ambassador for your Hotel.
We have visited the Hotel several times, the restaurant food was first class.& the staff were very pleasant, however we felt the standards of the accomodation was not as good as on our previous visits & the entrance & display cabinets lacking visual merchadising & did not have the" WOW" factor, we always used to buy things from the cabinets but not on this occasion!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review following your recent visit to Matfen Hall, I will ensure your kind words are relayed to my team.

I take on board all the comments you have made and I will review this internally with my team and where necessary, appropriate changes will be made.

Thank you again for taking the time to share with us your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back to Matfen Hall on many more occasions to come.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great room, fabulous setting but dining eperience spoilt it all. Pricey, yes, we knew but surely we should expect a more varied menu. Nothing that my wife, who is not at all fussy, or I liked from main choices. So went for supplements.... And chose one which unbelievably was not served to us. We ended up with something we'd never seen before. Unsure, we struggled with it and only then realised we'd been given the wrong dish. By then, we'd given up on the experience. Menus are not available before you book so that you are committed before you realise what you are getting. We seriously believed that we'd misread the menu in the dark and assumed they'd got their order right. Obviously, they hadn't and no wanting to create a scene, having already started on this meal, we left it and complained at the end. No apology was ever offered.
Breakfast next day was slightly better but service was poor. Coffee didn't arrive for 45 minutes (another couple ha finished breakfast when their coffee arrived). In our case, it was worse because although they took our coffee order, but didn't bring it, they didn't take our breakfast order for another 30 minutes. Breakfast was fine but have had far better.
Overall, very disappointed

Room Tip: All rooms here are good.
3  Thank Peter S

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments, following your recent visit to Matfen Hall.

I am extremely sorry that your overall experience was marred by your dining experience and please accept my sincere apologies for this. I would be very happy to discuss the issues you raised in further detail with you and would ask that you contact me direct at the hotel in order to do so.

In the meantime, thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed for one night B&B having booked through secret escapes. Top quality accommodation and bathroom. The spa was great - I had a male de-stress massage and my wife had a new life massage. The pool and leisure areas were clean and nice to use.

Had a very good meal in the conservatory in the evening and breakfast was plentiful despite being plated (not buffet).

Reception staff extremely helpful and polite.
Would definitely revisit perhaps with golf clubs next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
BernieBloodworth, General Manager at Matfen Hall, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, following your recent stay at Matfen Hall.

I am pleased both your wife and yourself had a relaxing time and enjoyed your spa treatments.

I hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had two nights stay at Matfen Hall and wish it could have been longer,the staff,service and food were all excellent,we stayed in room 36 which was superb everything you needed and more.We will certainly return.........

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments, following your recent stay at Matfen Hall.

I will ensure your kind words are relayed to my team and we look forward to your return visit.

Matfen Hall Hotel Golf & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Matfen
Langley Castle Hotel
#1 of 1 in Eshott
Best Western Derwent Manor Hotel
Battlesteads Hotel
Best Western Beaumont Hotel

Been to Matfen Hall? Share your experiences!