Have just returned from a one night stay and i must say it was faultless. We arrived on friday 23rd nov for the brendan healy night after checking in we were in our room within 5 minutes a classic double this room was outstanding beautifull bathroom and shower soft towels and one of the best beds i have ever slept in. We had dinner in the great hall staff and service as well as the food could not be faulted breakfast next morning again spot on loverly matfen full english as well as your fruit jucies cerealls tea coffe and toast great spa facilites.
great hotel in beautiful grounds
great staff always met you with a smile
this hotel to me is totaly faultless
I WILL BE BACK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Otel, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland