We purchased a voucher from living social for a spa day and so pleased we didn't pay full price!!The pool area and sauna etc were in desperate need of refurbishment,we also had lunch there and decided to eat in the conservetary when we went for lunch the staff totally ignored us and we had to ask we're to sit and if we could have a menu we were still waiting 35 mins later so decided to leave and eat near the pool area.The full body massage we had was wonderful and the staff in the beauty room were lovely.On leaving we handed our robes back in and the girl on the desk was so busy on the phone to someone else talking about what times she was working that week that she mooned for us to put the robes down on the side.Would definitely not go back again was really disappointed when we expected to have such a lovely day!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Otel, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland