Stayed here for a weekend break, booking at the last minute. The food and the beautiful setting are the best things here - there is a lovely restaurant and very extensive breakfast, and also loads of other options too, such as the Keeper's Lodge for bar meals, and a conservatory with lovely views of the grounds. I had a great massage in the spa, too. The rooms are comfortable, decorated in with a flowery, country theme and have modern, clean shiny bathrooms as well as nice features like exposed beams. The beds and pillows are warm and soft and our room did get quite hot overnight, so much so that we ended up opening the window. But aside from this very minor point we really enjoyed our stay and thought that the rate we paid was definitely worth a very nice stay in a very pretty location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Matfen Hall Hotel, Golf and Spa winner of Large Hotel of the Year 2015 at the Visit England Awards is located just 15 miles west of Newcastle in the charming village of Matfen and is the ancestral home of Sir Hugh and Lady Blackett. This stately home is set in 300 acres of parkland and has been a hotel since 1999. Enjoy true Northumbrian hospitality at Matfen Hall Hotel. The Hotel offers 53 bedrooms, individually decorated in traditional and contemporary styles. Our golf estate includes a 27-hole course, par 3 course and driving range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Matfen Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matfen Hall Hotel Matfen
- Matfen Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Matfen Hall Northumberland