Matfen Hall
  • Pool
$111
$155
$133
Travelodge Newcastle Airport(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
1,639 results
All reviewslibrary restaurantspa facilitiesafternoon teakeepers lodgedrawing roomspa breakclassic roomsteam roomdeluxe roomconservatory bargolf clubhot stone massageevening mealsconesduty managerwedding venuebirthday treat
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Quality and quantity of food very disappointing.

Definitely not homemade:(

Surroundings and Staff lovely... :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank DiB1967
BernieBloodworth, General Manager at Matfen Hall, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Dear Guest

I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your recent afternoon tea at Matfen Hall.

Our cakes and scones are all home-made and I would be happy to discuss your comments further with you.

Thank you for your kind words regarding my team and the hotel in general and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

Excellent stay. spent 1 night spa break. Very relaxing. Food in conservatory excellent

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay at Matfen Hall, I am delighted you left leaving relaxed after your spa break.

I shall pass on your kind words to my team.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

We went to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary.We found all the staff to be very pleasant:at reception,in the spa,in the bars and in the restaurant
We had a very relaxed evening meal with good food. All-in-all a proper treat.
If you like swimming don't forget to take your costume. The pool size is very generous by hotel standards. Even with a few children in the pool I had a most enjoyable swim.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front which had a superb view over the golf course.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

It was lovely to read you enjoyed your recent stay at Matfen Hall to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to Matfen Hall in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Hotel a few miles from Corbridge handily sited for Hadrians Wall and Northumberland. Great bar set in the conservatory. Large individual rooms , all different , very well appointed. Very comfortable beds. Breakfast In the library overlooking lawn and golf course a highlight. Excellent spa facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
BernieBloodworth, General Manager at Matfen Hall, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Dear Guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay at Matfen Hall and also the stunning surroundings our beautiful house is set in. We are indeed very fortunate to be situated in such a captivating area and for those guests who wish, a wonderful opportunity to explore Northumberland by day and experience the delights of Matfen Hall by evening.

I do hope you are able to join us again soon.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

Just returned from a one night break and had a fabulous time. We were allocated room 10 but when we entered the room we were met with a constant noise that sounded like a generator. We contacted reception immediately and were told they would send someone to the room staight away.After 45 minutes no one had arrived so we rang reception again and were told someone would contact us . Reception contacted us and we asked if it was poossible to move rooms. One of the staff came to our room and said we could move to room 8 . They had upgraded us to a deluxe room. This room was beautiful with stunning views over the gardens. We used the pool and facilities and had a very nice relaxing time . We ate lunch in the conservatory and ate in the Keepers lodge on the evening both were extremely good. Also breakfast was to a high standard. I would have no problem recommending this hotel and can't wait to stay here again, roll on our next anniversary.

Room Tip: Room 10 was noisy
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments, following your recent stay at Matfen Hall. I am sorry you were faced with problems in room 10 on your arrival and also apologise for the delay in your move to room 8, which I am happy to read you were delighted with.

I am pleased your stay was relaxing and you enjoyed your dining experiences with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Matfen Hall for many more anniversary treats!