“Terrible restaurant, poor service” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Parsonage Hotel & Spa

Parsonage Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
York, United Kingdom
“Terrible restaurant, poor service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our group of five retired ladies chose The Parsonage for a meal on Thursday, 3rd October, 2013. When we arrived, there was no-one at the bar, and no-one came to ask if we wanted a drink. After a long wait, we were finally served. My salmon was hard, I considered it to be re-heated and my Tiramisou could only be compared to tasteless toothpaste. My friends were equally unimpressed with their food. My son said we should not have paid for it! A shame for a beautifully kept building in equally well kept gardens. If you go read the visitors book before stepping in the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hardcritic534

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Goole
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here to celebrate a special anniversary courtesy of our daughter. She booked an executive room bed and breakfast for us.
We were greeted by a lovely girl on reception who checked us in quickly, made an evening meal reservation and took us to our room. The room was very spacious with lovely decor, a huge bathroom with everything we needed.
We went to the spa but didn't have any treatments, only used the facilities, pool, jacuzzi and steam rooms, I understand treatments were available with a discount for hotel guests.
Slightly disappointed that when we went for our evening meal the menu had changed due to it being a Sunday - this we hadn't been advised of. The food was nice and reasonably priced.

I enjoyed my stay but did feel it was a little expensive for bed and breakfast just to receive a larger room with jacuzzi bath......relieved it was a gift as I would have been disappointed

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rio1967
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time this year with friends (overnight indulgence), staff in the spa very friendly, afternoon tea lovely and treatments very nice. The evening meal was very good, one of our party requested gluten free options and was told most of what was on the menu could be adapted and she wasn't disappointed. Rooms were all very comfortable. Overall lovely experience.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank discho190
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Really nice hotel, with a new gym and spa/swimming pool complex. Restaurant is also excellent and if you eat from the fixed Yorkshire Menu very good value. I like to stay here when I am in the area on business. I would like to return for a romantic break with my wife!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gileshampshire
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is an attractive old place with beautiful grounds, gardens and lush lawns.

The sports facilities are especially good though I was also impressed with my room and with the quality of food on offer.

It's neither completely modern nor retro and is full of quirky conversions where some original feature has been upgraded to meet modern standards.

It still has the feel of the English country house about it and is pleasingly uncorporate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ringermark
Darwen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

We arrived at the Parsonage on a Friday afternoon. The receptionist was very helpful and we checked in without any problems, another young lady shown us to our room.
Our room was on the 2nd floor in the annex which is connected to the main hotel via a corridor. The room was long & big, with plenty of room and a nice size bathroom. We had good views from the windows of the gardens. There was the usual brewing facilities and a little plate of sweets on the coffee table.
We had coffee & petit fours in the bar which was part of our deal, then a nice walk round the gardens, we took a look at the pool and spa, but didn't use it.
The restaurant was nice and the food spot on.
All the staff were friendly and helpful.
We had a good nights sleep and in the morning the breakfast was buffet service with plenty of choices.
I would recommend this hotel for a nice little break and a short drive into York if you want to do some sightseeing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
newcastle upon tyne
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with friends as a surprise birthday celebration. I was unable to get into my room due to a fault with the locking system. Without going into great detail I can only say the staff handled the problem badly. The staff in this hotel need some training into customer handling. The hotel is in need of some up dating. The conservatory is like an old fashioned care home. I was very upset by the attitude of the staff on my check out and feel I have paid for a very unsatisfactory experience. The manager at this hotel has never been available to help rectify the problem.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escrick
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
The Principal York
The Principal York
#11 of 46 in York

Been to Parsonage Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!