“brilliant spa day” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Escrick
north lanarkshire
“brilliant spa day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

was in york for friends 50th birthday went to spa afternoon/evening was so relaxing i fell asleep for more than an hour. i didnt have any treatments but friends enjoyed them very much .had aslovely high tea entrance to pool sauna jacuzi comfy loungers all for 20poundsi thought that was great value

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
York, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have not stayed at hotel had a spa day that was not to be repeated . visited with my daughter for half a day in the spa with two pre booked treatments . were told to arrive early we presumed this to of been shown facilitys poss guided tour round . No ,firstly has a form thrust apon us fill in name address e mail occupation ?? handed towels robes of which mine had a large stain on and slippers . staff pointed us where to go that was it . first stop changing area . laundry basket was overflowing to the point towels etc were on the floor . smelly cramped srang to mind and the ladys loo was a disgrace .tryed out the sauna stream room had a dip in the jacuzzi . had a look to sit round the pool not enough loungers all taken . and to say spa only been open since june loungers already looking worse for wear . so trip back to recepction where we stayed till we could have our treatments . so had time to watch .found it odd they did there washing up in reception . and if phone rang and it went to answer machine you could hear the message that was been left . and so to treatments which were ok they did however get mine wrong but it was to my advantage not theres ,but after booking and confirming when we arrived they still got it wrong . one member of staff also walked round the whole time bare foot ?? all in all ten months and it shabby already staff lacked leadership grounds were nothing to write home about . i drive pass the parsonage on almost a daily basis will now look at it in a different light im sorry to say . pull your finger out management and manage .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tillymilly144
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

this is the 2nd visit to this hotel, although very good it now seems that corporate activities have
taken over, the room on the ground floor looked over fields, use of the spa was good, although
with having not paid for spa treatments, felt a little left to own devices. We ate at the Thai restaurant next door (excellent) had breakfast at the hotel but found the food had been cooked too long, we ate at 9am. A nice hotel, but do not think it warrants the price paid.

Room Tip: Have upper floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Parsonage we were well looked after. The staff were all friendly and helpful and the hotel was clean. We visited the Cloisters Spa which we enjoyed we didn't book any treatment which meant that we didn't have a robe, which was a bit of a shame. We had a meal in the restaurant in the evening, this was excellent value and the staff were aswell. The hotel is well situated and would definitely return to it and recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Halifax, West Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the hotel in July 2012 on a Living Social Deal. The receptionists that welcomed us did not have a change in attitude when they realised we were on a deal. As the other reviewer eluded to the Spa nor the coffees and petit fours were mentioned but we asked once we had settled in, the spa was lovely and we had the coffee afterwards. The room was nice but not exceptional, I probably wouldn't pay full price but hotel accommodation is expensive in York. The breakfast in the morning was delicious and there was plenty to choose from. We didn't have an evening meal on this occasion, we ate in York, however we may eat in the restaurant next time we go, we have bought another Living Social Deal. Would recommend this hotel, especially on a deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

I haven't encountered such a poor service before. Spas are supposed to be all about service and the perfect opportunity to relax. I live nearby so went for a bikini wax and pedicure as I do when I need some 'me' time. Although I had booked myself by phone a couple of days earlier, the lady at the reception couldn't find my booking. I had a £40 pedicure which couldn't last any longer than 20 mins and they asked me to wait at their waiting / relaxing room while my toe nails dried, so I could have my second treatment. While I was waiting an incredibly rude lady came to tell me that I hadn't paid for my treatment, which was really embarrassing as the room was full! So much for the relaxing experience! I explained that I was waiting for another treatment, and she said she had no knowledge of this because I hadn't booked previously. Not only I had booked in advance, but I also told her what I was there for when I arrived! Then she took me for a bikini wax even though my toe nails hadn't dried, and off course they got ruined when I took my trousers off. The worst part? They didn't fix them, she was quite happy to offer me a discount for the inconvenient and let me go. There are lovely spas around the York-Harrogate area - I know it, I'm a regular customer. Please don't waste your money in this one.

Room Tip: Please don't take my comments as a review of the overall service at the hotel, I refer specifica...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank 896MariaV896
Huddersfield
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

We recently made our 4th return visit to the hotel. Unfortunately we had a bad experience made far worse by the attitude of the General Manager. In rooms close to ours 3 young girls on a spa break partied in their room from 11pm to 2am. This involved very loud music, jumping on and off beds and banging doors constantly as they moved between 2 rooms. We contacted the night reception who twice went to the girls' rooms. This resulted in them going quiet until he had returned to his desk. We raised a complaint the following morning. At first we were told there was no-one we could speak to but then a member of staff did discuss with us. She was apologetic and concerned at the experience we had had. However, she advised she had no authority to offer any recompense. We were happy to pay for the meal and wine we had had as that had been lovely, but felt we needed recompense for the room rate as we had only slept for 4 hours. The General Manager was contacted and his response was 'they can have no recompense as we cannot legislate for the behaviour of other guests'. Whilst accepting it was the guests behaviour, we were extremely unhappy and angry that we were expected to pay the full amount considering the experience. We were returning guests and counted for nothing. We tried over the next 2 days to speak to the General Manager but he declined to return our calls and instead left a note with staff 'tell them they are not getting a refund'. This is totally unacceptable customer service. Interestingly when you read reviews although most are very complimentary (it is a lovely hotel) there is a theme that if you complain you are not valued. We have strongly recommended this hotel in the past and others have stayed as a result of this. Sadly the way our experience was handled means we will not stay again nor recommend others to do so.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank L A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Escrick
Middlethorpe Hall & Spa
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,405 reviews
Aldwark Manor Golf & Spa Hotel
Hazlewood Castle & Spa, BW Premier Collection
York Marriott Hotel

Been to Parsonage Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!