“Nick60”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Priory

The Priory
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Portbury
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Nick60”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

Liked everything! Great service. Have been 4 or 5 times. This was by far the most enjoyable. Good quality wine and the best food I've had here. Would recommend to anyone in Bristol / Nth Somerset area. Terrific pub with a bit of class. Thanks The Priory.

Visited August 2014

Poole, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Seven of us called in for lunch to celebrate an 18th birthday. It was not a special lunch, just a family get-together. The staff were pleasant and efficient, serving the drinks and food. The food was chosen from a fairly extensive menu and we were not disappointed. Well worth a try.

• Visited August 2014
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Excellent food. Nice pub. No complaints.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

A group of us went on Sunday for my Mum's birthday. We arrived around 3pm after the lunchtime rush so getting a table was no issue.

The food was very good. I had the half roast chicken option off the menu which was excellent. Everyone else enjoyed their food as well. The chocolate brownie tower was amazing as well, but a bit too much after a large roast dinner!

My parents have lived in Portishead for years and come here on a regular basis, but this was the first time I have been. I will definitely be going back and I would definitely recommend to others.

• Visited July 2014
Clevedon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My wife's birthday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Taking my wife out for her birthday we were told that the priory was a good place to go. We didn't reserve a table and appreciated we had to wait for a table being a Monday night I didn't think there was any need.
We were sat at a table that needed to be wiped down and cleared. We were given menu's. We weren't told there was a specials board. We only noticed that when people on the next table were relying the specials from a blackboard. Our drinks came which were wrong. Half the desserts weren't available. A disappointing evening for us both.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Stick to the sandwiches”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Perhaps the best idea when visiting this pub is to stay inside. The pleasing rustic interior, with open fires in the winter, is its main attraction. Unfortunately we visited on a warm Saturday lunchtime and ate on the front lawn, foolishly enduring the constant motorway noise and the wasps.
At a total cost of £27 for two half-pints of beer and two main courses I didn't feel like I was getting anything like value for money. My wild-boar burger was reasonably pleasant but was half the size of the bun it arrived in. I should mention that the bun had been smeared with mayonnaise, and one lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato had been generously thrown into the mix. The chips were good but, dare I say, I might have been happier at McDonalds.
My wife's Hunter's Chicken was ok, but again, nothing to get excited about.
Service at the bar was less than friendly.
I'll go again but will stick to the sandwiches which are much tastier and better value.

• Visited July 2014