“Friendly atmosphere - excellent food”

Northover Manor Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Ilchester
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Booked this hotel without research - merely to have a break in that area. Really pleased with our choice. Bedrooms not the best but perfectly adequate and clean. Any shortcomings in that area was more than made up for in the service, friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, plus the benefit of an excellent restaurant. Tried it on the first night and returned to it for the full four nights of the stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 26, 2010

This is about my fifth or so stay at this hotel this year, the staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble. They will even make you lunch for the following day if you ask nicely enough. Rooms are nicely done out, the food is excellent, free wifi, and a good size car park.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I stayed at the hotel whilst on business howeve I would also stay here if I waever inthe area for leisure purposes. The hotel staff are extremely friendly and they o out of their way to ensure you have a good stay. The food in the restraunt is excllent and the bar/lounge area are both modern and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Very freindly & helpfull staff. The atmosphere throughout my stay was most relaxing.

The new chef certianly has changed the quality of the food. The evening meal was excellently cooked.

Accommodation was clean and tidy.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2009

I booked into this hotel on business and was pleasantly surprised. The staff went out of their way to accommodate my numerous requests and were cheerful and helpful throughout. The rooms were clean and comfortable. There were a few quirks which can only be expected in an old building but they added to the charm of the location rather than detracted from it. I normally stay in my room when travelling but when I ventured into the bar and lounge area it had such a friendly relaxed atmosphere that I found myself staying there the whole evening. I was given an excellent meal in the restaurant which I cannot rate highly enough. The service was excellent and the whole atmosphere was warm and welcoming. The decor in the common areas has been updated but retains the charm of an older stone building.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2009

I don't know about the rooms but we enjoyed our food at this hotel. We thought our meal was delicious.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2009

We chose this hotel because we did not want a faceless corporate template as I travel on business and stay in anonymous hotels all over the world. We were more than happy with our choice, We were warmly and efficiently welcomed and the staff could not be more helpful. We were given two newly decorated rooms at a very competitive rate. They were both clean and very comfortable. The building had original thick stone walls and the common areas decorated in a modern style while maintaining the country charm we were looking for, The owners were welcoming and staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. We ate in the restaurant which was first class and very reasonably priced. We were encouraged to relax in the lounge and feel at home. We had a wonderful stay and will use the hotel again without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilchester
The Ilchester Arms Hotel
Lanes Hotel
Lanes Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Coker
Yeovil Court Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Northover Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!