“Brilliant, even if you know nothing about cars!”

Haynes International Motor Museum
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Sparkford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Offering an excellent day out for everyone, with more than 400 cars and bikes displayed in stunning style, dating from 1885 to the present day. For the children there is the autogame experience, motoring themed play area, soft play area. Throughout the year the museum also hosts exciting events including Rare Breeds Motor Show.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We took our 1 and 2 yr old boys, who loved every minute of it. You cant help but be impressed by the immaculate and extensive collection if cars and bikes. There's a small play area where the boys had a play which made a nice change from the things they couldn't touch! Saying that there are buttons to press which make lights flash and brass rubbings they can do in the exhibition hall, also a motorbike they can climb on. There is also a large play area outside with buses and diggers etc, as it was a grim December day we didn't get to explore that but had plenty to do inside.despite this. We used the cafe which is simple but suits your needs there's some little tikes cars that.the children can play in whilst you wait for food. We'll definitely visit again....on a sunny day.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Although we felt it was a bit pricey, if you gift aid your entrance fee you can visit anytime again within the next year for free. They have a wonderful selection of immaculate cars, both from bygone days and a more modern era. It did bring back some good memories of what cars used to be like. They are undergoing a major upgrade so should be even better in 2014.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have driven past so many times and said, "Must go", finally made it this week. It's impossible to guess from outside what extensive delights there are inside. At the moment it looks a bit drab with all the building work going on but the interior was an oasis of calm - I did choose a Monday in term time. The current entrance is not prepossessing but don't let that put you off.
The exhibits are all helpfully described in notices on stands in front of each vehicle. I personally don't care much for the American ones but you can't deny that they are impressive and absolutely huge. Everything was gleaming with a faithful group of staff continuously polishing the cars. They were happy to talk about their cars and motoring in general. There's certainly plenty to drool over at the high end and a nostalgia alley of cars your parents may have owned. I was a bit disappointed not to find any that my family had so there's room for more!

I didn't look at the motorbikes but there are plenty on display. I know they have themed exhibits and I shall look out for those that interest me.

Currently the cafe cannot be described as culinary masterpiece, a limited range and small, on a busy day it would be wise to take your own. I believe it will be different when the work is finished. There is a shop with a varied range of merchandise at reasonable prices.

There is an outdoor area for children, a play bus and go kart track. It was closed but it looked as if it would attract children. Brass rubbings are available for various cars with paper and wax pens. I was told that there were pedal cars which children could use to get round the halls with fingers crossed that they didn't hit anything - some cars weren't even behind ropes!

I shall be back when the work is finished and to see if that Armstrong Siddeley parked outside has made it inside! Go, you'll enjoy it.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I went to a Charity luncheon within the Museum (food was very good, the atmosphere was lovely, the staff efficient & friendly) and entrance to the museum was included. I must admit time was limited and I didn't see enough of the museum as I would have liked, but what I did see was extremely interesting and I will make an effort to visit again and spend more time.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

On holiday with some friends for the weekend staying in a Inn nearby and the landlord recommended this museum as something to do as the weather was forecasting rain.

I thoroughly enjoyed looking round all the old cars and my husband was in his element.

I am sure it will be even better once the alterations have been finished we will certainly visit again if we are in the area.