“Warm welcome and good meal”
Review of Curry Mahal

Curry Mahal
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Dodworth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and good meal”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

It had been a long time since I had eaten here and was pleased to see that the management remained the same and had maintained standards. We had a good meal with substantial portions which were not simply sauce at a reasonable price. Both the service and food were so much better than the Dilraj where we ate last year. Highly recommended

Visited August 2013
1 Thank hewhotravels

south yorkshire
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Extremly good food. You will have to wait tho its cooked to order. Which I prefer. Friendly service. Not rushed. Drinks good too. Pleasant atmosphere

Visited August 2013
1,195 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,852 helpful votes
“Takeaway with health warning!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant is pretty near me, so thought I'd give it a go for a mid week takeaway. Waited quiet a while for the food to be cooked, as I hadn't got their menu to preorder.
Ordered chicken bhuna & lamb Biriyani. Both were ok, but were swimming in ghee, which put me right of the meal.
Why do they need to cook with so much oil, there was at least 5 tables full of oil on the Bhuna alone!

3 Thank Leedsaway67
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“High quality Indian”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been frequenting the curry mahal for more years than I care to remember, and having just wrote a review for another establishment i visited today for the first time, it has prompted me into action. Ash and Ash 2 at front of house are always welcoming and are more than willing to spice/tweak dishes to taste, if asked!! The food is constantly of a high standard using fresh ingredients and like many others I find it very difficult to look beyond the Mahal for a good curry in Barnsley.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“1st timers - brilliant food and service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We live locally and have always travelled to Penistone for our curries but after hearing other peoples reviews we thought we would try it for ourselves The food was very tasty no fat on any of the meat, large portions, the service was faultless and the restaurant its self was lovely, clean and cool. We will be certainly going again in the very near future.