“Noise”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dodworth
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Noise”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Stayed at the Ramada Barnsley room clean and warm but much too close to the M1 and railway line could not have the window open and talk to each other. Although the bed was comfortable the pillows were terrible, hanging space limited. Had a breakfast at the Toby carvery which was very nice and morning staff lovely but evening staff were not attentive at all could have just walked out without paying!! Food was good.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the quieter side of the building would not stay in summer as no air conditioning
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Although clean, rooms were very basic with only hooks for clothes no drawers and a small bed. Not good for more than 1 night. Attended a dinner which was very badly catered with poor food and service. Would definitely not use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
EncoreBarnsley, Manager at Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
I was sorry to see you did not enjoy your stay with us at the Ramada Encore Barnsley, We had spoken with the organiser of the dinner and he was happy with the service and the food we provided, and I am sorry you did not enjoy as we strive to ensure all our guests go away happy.

The style of the bedrooms is the same for our brand throught the group and is designed to be simple and un cluttered and I am sorry you felt you needed more wardrobe space and draws in the room.

The beds we provide are a standard for the group and I am sorry they where a little small for you.

Thank you again for your feedback as all feedback helps us to improve service
LindyLou105
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Recently stayed here for 3 nights. Very clean and rooms well constructed and quiet. Very convenient for a stay just off the M1 motorway. Pleasant Toby restaurant close by. Only have double rooms which does seem odd and the beds are not very big. Hanging space for clothes is limited but for a few nights this was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wirral
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Checked in late quite quickly ! room very clean bed very low and only one pillow could not find any more ! although found a message saying contact for more felt it was too late !...bathroom quite dark but again very clean.
Following morning OH went into bathroom first ventilation needs looking at ! I could not see anything after he had used the shower had to wipe down all the mirrors, it was also too dark to do any make up at all !.
Breakfast was really good bacon very tasty !!! but would have liked more fruit choice apart from fruit salad !.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for at room at the back they are quieter !
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
frequentfryer
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband, son, his girlfriend and I stayed here because we were attending a wedding reception in Barnsley. I was expecting something about the standard of a Travelodge, but was very pleasantly surprised. The staff were very helpful, couldn't do enough for us, such as providing 3 extra pillows on request, alling us a taxi etc. There was a large car park with the hotel. The hotel itself was clean and very quiet - no problem sleeping. Even though our room backed onto a railway line the noise of the trains did not disturb us. The room was a bit warm overnight, but not a big problem. Excellent breakfast, although it is not included in the price of the room - it's £7.00 if you book it the day before, and around £9.50 if you haven't pre-booked. Breakfast was buffet style - full English, or continental, or both! There is an express check-out facility, although we didn't use it. I would have given full marks, if it hadn't been for the fact that although a full travel rescue kit is advertised as obtainable free from reception, when I asked for one, I was told only a razor was available at that time.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room that does not overlook the railway line, especially in summer when you might...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Hampshire, England
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Clean and close to the motorway. However, very very hot in the rooms with no aircon. Could not open the windows as right next to the motorway. Also noisy with doors slamming throughout the night. Bed not very comfy. Slept about 2 hours in the end. Although it was cheap there is little point in paying any money if you are not able to sleep. I almost considered going and trying to sleep in the car.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was away at the weekend w/ my dog, and long story short, I ended up having to stay at this hotel as they were one of very few who allowed pets. I honestly wasn't expecting much; however, I was pleasantly suprised by the clean room and friendly staff. There are no frills here. This is your basic, inexpensive hotel, w/ basic tv channels and basic internet spead, basic accessories, but the room/bathroom were clean, the sheets/linens were clean, the food wasn't bad, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The bathroom was actually a wet room of sorts (no tub!!) and it was very modern looking, and again, clean! There is a large car park outside the hotel and across the car park--a few yards from the hotel is a Toby Carvery. I had breakfast and dinner there--I can recommend the Carvery as a descent/cheap place to eat. This hotel is located mins from the M1 just south of Leeds. I found when trying to book the hotel online it wouldn't complete the booking so I had to call to complete my reservation; however, when you call they try to give you the 'phone' price of the room which is about £15 more expensive. So I had to insist on the 'website' price and they eventually did give me that price. I paid £40 for the room per night and when you arrive at the hotel you have to pay an additional £10 fee for the pet plus pay for your breakfast if you want it which was £7 per person. If you want room service you will need to open an account at the desk, otherwise you will need to go downstairs to pay for the meals as you order them. I was very impressed w/ the check-in/out times! Check-in is any time after 2pm, and check-out is any time before noon! I was told they would be happy to negotiate those times if necissary. My room was over the reception desk which faces towards the busy car park and right next to 2 elevators; however, when the doors/windows/curtains were closed at night I didn't find the noise too distracting (but then I live in London and am used to LOTS of noise at night).
Overall, I was pleasantly suprised by this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone who is traveling on a buget, or in my case, to anyone who is traveling w/ pets!!

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces towards some sort of overgrown field type area. That might be quieter th...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dodworth
Holiday Inn Barnsley
Holiday Inn Express Rotherham-North
Bagden Hall Hotel
Bagden Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Scissett

Been to Ibis Styles Barnsley hotel? Share your experiences!