“Great place! Cute and cozy!”
Review of George Hotel

George Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Burslem
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here as a couple in May 2013 and loved it!! The hotel is small and somewhat old/tired-looking but still quite cute and comfortable - definitely a great place to spend the night. The staff was extremely friendly. We arrived late at night and the man at the reception was extremely helpful in arranging parking for us, etc. The room was small as we expected but very comfortable and had everything we needed. We planned to stay only one night but loved it so much that we booked an additional night. The lady at the desk in the morning was also quite helpful in helping us figure out where we were heading, finding a breakfast place on the way, etc. Overall, loved it! Would definitely stay here again! Probably not the best place if staying with a family or looking for a luxurious place, but if you're looking for a cheap place to spend the night this place will surprise you!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Safina A

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night only,(thankfully!) as we were attending a party at the Port Vale football club, (there were 7 of us in total). On arrival the lady behind reception was really warm and friendly, although did constantly talk over a brief conversation I was having with a relative I hadn't seen in a long while - I think she was desperate to get her speel out and move on! We went to our room for a quick change, VERY basic indeed, all the rooms that were allocated to us were in dire need of a refurb and upgrade. The lighting was shocking for getting ready in and one room didn't have a decent mirror! Bathroom was also very dated but I didn't hear any complaint's from my husband about the shower itself. Saying this, the rooms appeared clean. The main disappointment was the bed ( I can cope with basic etc!) but the springs were practically coming through the bed, I actually woke with a mark on my leg from the spring itself. Oh and my relatives room had nice water stains coming down their walls.
On the plus side breakfast was fab :), staff were friendly, helpful and polite, but I am so pleased we got this at a discount rate through Travel Zoo as I noticed behind reception that the walk in rate for a double/twin room was 99 pounds - I would have been very upset if I had paid this!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Zoe R
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel is old fashioned and a little run down but pretty good value for money. Parking is a bit of a problem (their car park was full and street parking started being chargeable at 7.00 a.m. but we couldn’t pay the night before …) but the staff were absolutely lovely. Rooms do need updating but beds are okay, very comfortable - nothing like the comment of one person on here. There is some noise from the surrounds but no more than at most other hotels. Would far rather have this than the rudeness and swankiness of hotels which think they are grand and are not!! Much more character and far nicer than a Premier Inn or a Travel Lodge - in my view helpful interested staff and a peach coloured bathroom suite are FAR preferable to a white suite and staff who couldn't care less!
Still looking for a wonderful, absolutely perfect place to stay overnight in the vicinity of Keele university!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a last minute deal and panic after realising we hadn't booked anywhere. In all fairness we wasnt expecting much for price but was pleasantly surprised. Receptionist was friendly and very helpful when we had a problem with room. A little tired looking but bags of character.will definitely return again. Thank you for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank crazy-lou
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had my ceramony reception and 2 nights at the hotel and it was amazing staff are fantastic food is lovely big portions i had alot of demands and all were met with no problems house keeping were brill!! All negative comments that have been left are petty and stupid this is a fantastic hotel staff are down to earth fun and always their craig sharron and milly thank you, you made my day more special and fun you took my worries and sorted them can not thank you enough everything was perfect lots of thanks and hugs katie and jake myatt married on 27th april thank youuuuu really happy x x x c

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Katiemyatt
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

It's an old place, some shabby repairs but clean and tidy and better than a travel lodge! Staff are friendly, they struck us a good deal on an exec suite with breakfast and I preferred being there than a travel knocking shop lodge!

Breakfast was great, really hit the spot!

If you go just expect it to be rough around the edges but you should support these places as they are better than a travel lodge.

I'd stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were looking at staying at this hotel as we had planned a day out and around Stoke. This hotel was reasonably priced and there was a reason behind this. As we approached the hotel it was evident that the inside would be no better than the dismal outside. We entered the reception and the staff were very friendly however we were passed the key and told our room number and within an hour at the very most, we made our excuses and left the hotel. The room was absolutely tiny and extremely dated. As we walked in, the first thing I noticed was the chipped skirting board. The shower was ridiculously small, I feel I would have been claustrophobic if I'd taken one. This is the kind of place I can imagine a group of hens or stags would stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burslem
Quality Hotel & Leisure Stoke on Trent
#1 of 5 in Newcastle-under-Lyme
Best Western Stoke East
Best Western Stoke East
#7 of 12 in Stoke-on-Trent

Been to George Hotel? Share your experiences!