George Hotel
North Stafford Hotel(Stoke-on-Trent)
  • Room Service
Plough Motel(Stoke-on-Trent)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbirthday partychip shopfriendly receptionistvaleleopard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed for one night and hotel was clean, pleasant staff and nice bar/lounge.

Previous reviews for this place are shocking. We never saw any of what had previously been described. The bedroom was very clean: clean mattress, sheets, towels carpets. No noise, rowdiness, drug dealers (as someone said) etc. Burslem is a bit if a run down area but all the locals were very warm, welcoming and friendly.

Sharon the manager was lovely and very helpful. Breakfast was fine too and in our opinion, The George was worthy of its AA 3 star accreditation.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Alan D
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at the George last Saturday as an overnight stop as others have said on here before the décor is a little tired in places but when you see the size of the place it would cost ££££ to re decorate in one go so all I would say to those people is get a life and be serious. All the areas I saw were clean and tidy. The room had everything you need shower, toilet, TV, hair dryer, kettle & Bed etc it was a bit dated apart form the LCD TV on the wall but clean and the bed was comfortable. It is in the middle of town but we had no problems with noise Ethan though there were two weddings in the hotel at the same time. The food was fantastic with a buffet breakfast. The staff are polite and friendly I have recommended the George to my mum and dad who are going to book in there in October. I will defiantly go back next time I’m in the area.
Thank you to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nathan L
Reviewed September 24, 2012

It wasnt terrible but i wouldnt stay here again. The rooms where very dated and musky, there was an awful noise coming from the fan in the bathroom. The area isn't a very nice one to stay in, even if it is just overnight.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank pringle00
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is our third stay at this hotel and after this stay we will not return, after reading other reviews on here after our stay i am glad we had an executive room. The hotel is very run down to say the least, it appears they are short staffed, and our room was ok nothing grand, the bathroom smelled like a public toilet block, I did tell them twice but they failed to do anything about it, luckily we were not in the room that long, they could not move us as the hotel was full, I fail to see why people are still going to this hotel.

Room Tip: stay at home
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We arrived and no one was on reception,eventually someone arrived and gave us the key.On entering the room I was disgusted,tiny and dirty,went back to reception and asked for a refund,the manageress said no I asked where the pool and spa were she said they had never had a pool and the spa had gone 12 months previous and it had not been taken off the website but she could get us a lift to it if we want one?????? she offered another room and gave us the keys,walked down what I can only explain as a rat run and the key would not fit so returned to reception and she said that someone must have dropped the latch so she went around and let us in and run off,it was a tiny room next to the bins on the car park,terrible and when we looked in the bathroom there wasn't even a a toilet seat.Again returned to reception and a girl said she would get the manager,she returned saying the manager was busy and did I want to try another room and that I was fuming and she did give us a refund.Absolutley Disgusting

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple