“A very pleasing stay”

Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Himley
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel, the room was clean. It would have been more comfortable if there had been a fan in the room as it was extremely warm. The staff where polite and helpful. It was good value for money and we would stay there again. Also, we would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear wideload22,

Thank you for your review, we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommened us to family and friends. We have passed your feedback regarding the fans to our management team to see if this can be addressed.

Regards
Good Night Inns

There are newer reviews for Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I chose this hotel as it was very close to the company I was visiting in the area. The single room was surprisingly large. The hotel brochure said all rooms had been refurbished in 2011 however there was some rotten skirting boards in the bathroom area.

The room was comfortable and had all the usual amenities - tea, coffee etc and there was an iron / ironing board in the wardrobe should it be needed.

The restaurant area seemed very popular with many diners making the most of the good weather and choosing to eat outside in the large garden area. The food was piping hot and tasty but the presentation was poor - everything looked as though it had just been thrown on the plate.

Whilst my room was comfortable it suffered from being close to a doorway to the kitchens - every time someone came out of that door it would bang against the side of the building i.e my bathroom. Also if a couple of members of staff were stood in the area outside the offending door it was almost as though they were in the room with you.

To sum up - comfortable room but noisy due to the banging door, good food but poorly presented, and some redecoration necessary.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 19 due to the problem with the banging door
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear telecaster428, thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Reviewed July 6, 2013

For the price we paid it was ok. I chose this hotel because it was near Tipton where we were meeting family, and the reviews were positive. We stayed 1 night and the 1 staff member we saw was friendly and helpful. The hotel is a bit dark and needs freshened up, but overall there were no problems.

Room Tip: There are no lifts so some rooms might be difficult to get to.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tubbymuch
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I'm writing this review from a perfectly suitable family room at the Himley House Hotel. There's enough room for my 1 year old to run around, and we have 2 bathrooms which is a bonus. We are here due to my partners work and wanted something not too expensive but not too far from amenities, shops etc. On the website they state that guests have full use of the gym and sauna. That's great, if they actually had a gym and sauna. We were told by one of the bar staff that as a chain, someone had probably cut and paste the description of a different hotel and added it to their site. Very professional! The restaurant is lovely and serves delicious food, and overlooks a lovely garden. Where the Great Lake is though, I have absolutely no idea! As we are with a child they provided a travel cot. She sleeps fine in it dispite the soiled sides.
When we checked in, we were told to hand in our keys if we were leaving the hotel for any reason. But when I went to do this I was told I could keep them. Confused!
The free wi-fi works when it wants to and if it does work it's only for 5 minutes.
On the whole this is a nice place, but it's frustrating to think we could use a gym that doesn't exist, and we don't appreciate hearing the toilet from upstairs flushing, its very loud!
Would stay here again if I had to, maybe in a different room.

• Stayed: June 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear wah-123, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate this further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first time staying in the area and the first time we'd ever stayed in a hotel with our two young children. We were a little nervous but had no need to be, the family room was excellent but best of all the staff were incredibly helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them and all of our requests were met with a cheary "no problem". We had a lovely meal in the pub and spent some quality time in the beer garden, which had plenty of space for the kids to run around. The grounds to the stately home around the corner are definitely worth a visit on a sunny day too. I'd be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at the Himley House at Himley for three nights from the 17th till 20th. I got the room in the second floor and there is no lift in the hotel. Carrying a decent bag along with a laptop bag was too much. The stair case also was not very comfortable. There is landing after every four to five steps and then you have to turn to another direction. Once you reach the room, the room and the attached toilet are quite spacious and clean. The shower stand is too small and is only good for thin people. There is Free internet but the speed is very poor. Every now and then it gets disconnected and you have to login again. Not very useful facility.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the ground floor only this place should be considered.. Otherwise you shoul...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
GoodNightInns, Guest Relations Manager at Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Sethujyt,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your review, we have shared your feedback with our management team to help improve future services.

Regards
Good Night Inns

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was our second visit to the Himley only this time we had two of our grandsons with us. Unfortunately I was late booking and was unable to get a room in the main part of the hotel, the only family room was in the annex at the rear.
The room was suitable for two adults and two eight year olds and with an added bonus had two bathrooms, one a shower room and one with a shower over a half bathtub.
The facilities were the same as before, clean, well presented, complimentary drinks and a clean kettle (one thing I always look for)
The only downside to this room was the noise during the night which appeared to be coming from the room above us, whenever someone turned a tap on or flushed the loo it sounded like water was gushing directly into our room and the general noise of people walking around and talking was quite audible. Fortunately this only really kept me awake and didn't disturb the kids or my partner (much). I did mention this to the receptionist the morning after at checkout and she told me no one had stayed in the room above us, ghosts? noisy ones!
Anyway, we chose to pay extra for the full english breakfast which was very good, we love the choice you have on the buffet before you get the cooked breakfast, well worth it.
Room noise aside it hasn't put us off staying at the Himley and we will definately stay here again when we visit friends in the area, I will make sure I book earlier next time and get a family room in the main building.

Room Tip: The room in the annex is suitable for someone who may be a wheelchair user, it is easily accessible...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Himley
Travelodge Birmingham Kingswinford
Mercure Bewdley The Heath Hotel
Station Hotel
Station Hotel
#6 of 7 in Dudley

Been to Himley House Good Night Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!