Having visited the hotel last year and was delighted with the whole package we decided to return this year and booked our rooms before we left. Hence first problem. On arrival we were told that some of the rooms we had booked were not available. Alternatives had been given. Therefore booking for a party of twelve, 12months in advance and paying a deposit was a waste of time.
The golf course itself is beautiful and a credit to the greenkeepers, but the booking system does need to be looked at. Too many tee times crammed in (obviously for money) is resulting in five hour rounds. This is far too long, especially when you then have to rush to get ready for dinner.
On one of the nights, all the people who had the lamb had to return it as it was too tough to eat (also other tables not in our party).
Some parts of the hotel are starting to look slightly tired. To enable our group to sit together for coffee we moved a sofa round a little and found what looked as if the floor hadn't been hoovered for months.
Having been negative so far there is definately one plus - two gentlemen who are a credit to Patshull, they are Steve Moore, the starter (hopefully got his name correct) and the Pro in the Pro's Shop.These two gentlemen went out of their way to be helpfull and friendly and deserve recognition. Well done guys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located within easy access of Wolverhampton and Telford, Patshull Park Hotel offers a relaxing retreat with beautiful surroundings and great leisure facilities. The 49 bedrooms are well equipped and have really comfortable beds. The hotel is situated within 250 acres of spectacular Capability Brown parkland which includes an 18 hole 6400yd Par 72 golf course and overlooks the Great Lake. The Health and Fitness Club has an indoor pool, solarium, gymnasium, cardio suite, saunas, steam room, and beauty therapist . Friendly, helpful staff provide a warm welcome and excellent assistance during any stay. The 49 well appointed bedrooms are all tastefully furnished, with many overlooking the golf course and those with a lake view are complete with a balcony or patio. All rooms are equipped with modern facilities i.E. Tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, trouser press and TV with Sky channels inc. Sky Sports. The family rooms comprise a double bed and a single bed, whilst the superior rooms are guaranteed to have wonderful views. The Lakeside Restaurant serves imaginatively created dishes made from local produce, and for less formal meals there is Earl's Brasserie that offers a range of tasty snacks and bar meals throughout the day. The Kingfisher Bar in the hotel lounge is perfect when you just want to sit, relax and perhaps enjoy a bar meal with a drink or two. There are two main banqueting / meeting rooms that are very popular for Weddings , Conferences , Corporate Golf Days , and Dinner Dances. Patshull Park Hotel has a lot to offer ; great golf, extensive health and fitness facilities, walks and relaxation , all in addition to superb trout, pike and course fishing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Patshull Park Hotel Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patshull Park Hotel Golf And Country Club
- Patshull Park Hotel Country