We have been here twice now in the last month, Thursday very busy as its pension day but I didnt see any OAP offers? Not that we are that age yet!! First time I had, well both times I had Speckled Hen, what a great ale always and so much better cask. We were greeted very quickly as we walked in the door by and happy young man On this occasion I had fish gougons with fries and what was called a salad!! The plates really do need to be hot very hot, I'm not a quick eater but a cold plate just is good. As for the salad well iceberg, a bit of tomato, cucumber & lots of red onion, this ISNT a salad sorry, iceberg is iceberg! Not going to rant as we all have different ideas on what a salad is? Hubby food was a bottomless as in no pastry pie, this isn't stated on the menu! At over £12 not good value for money at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Said to be Suffolk's oldest inn, The Four Horseshoes is a family run traditonal thatched inn, dating back to the 12th C.We have 7 en-suite B&B rooms, with evertything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Our rooms are decorated on a yearly basis and we have held a 4 star Visit Britain rating every year since taking over in 2008!Our restaraunt and bar areas boast an extensive menu of traditional homecoooked food, using fresh and local produce. We also offer a range of daily specials and delicous desserts. At the bar you'll find a range of wines from around the world and a selection of award winning real ales.Our two function rooms can cater for a range of occasions - be it a business meeting with use of our projector and screen - or a party for 10 to 100 guests, we offer many different options.We hope you will find a warm welcome and a comfortable atmosphere at The Four Horseshoes, and below is a list of what else you may find...........~~~ Free WI-FI ~~~ A Whole Acre Of Car Park ~~~ Countryside Walks On The Doorstep ~~~ Large Enclosed Beer Garden ~~~ Iglenook Fireplaces ~~~ Large Sheltered Smoking Area Patio ~~~ Friendly & Helpful Staff ~~~ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Four Horseshoes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Horseshoes
- Four Horseshoes Hotel Thornham Magna
- Four Horseshoes Suffolk/Thornham Magna