“What a birthday treat !”
Review of Hogarths Hotel

Hogarths Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dorridge
Reviewed February 17, 2013

A surprise birthday weekend away at a lovely hotel, beautifully decorated, lots of nice art and details in all the rooms, very friendly staff, couldn't fault them at all. Dinner at the restaurant was excellent quality and very tasty. Excellent breakfast. Walked around the grounds in the afternoon which are lovely.

Stayed: February 2013
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went here for my company awards dinner and stayed overnight. It felt like pure luxury. The staff were polite and friendly. The english breakfast was to die for, especially the sausages! It had snowed that week so it looked like a christmas card. I found it easy to get to with good directions. I have been all over the world and spent time in lots of hotels, but this was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Go and enjoy it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the August room, has a lovely view of the woods and garden. Also has under floor heating...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank anita b

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you found the hotel to be pure luxury and enjoyed the quality of the bedrooms. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the food and I am especially pleased to hear you started the day off well with a good breakfast! I do hope we can welcome you back soon when you are next on business in the area.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a pick me up this wonderful hotel turned out to be! I'd been quite ill recently and almost did not make my trip to the NEC but at the last minute decided I must make the effort. Usual hotel not available so decided to try something different - Hogarths. Everything about this hotel is first class, and the beautiful rooms and facilities are definitely a cut above the average. The shower was wonderful and you don't ever want to leave the most gorgeous bed I've ever slept in !
My partner and I had a fantastic meal and drinks in the up market but very friendly Bistro, and breakfast was first class. I would only ever need to visit Birmingham for business, but I think I would come down just to sample this hotel again!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am so glad you managed to make your trip and try somewhere different! I am delighted you liked the facilities in your room and found everything to be first class. Last year we completed a £4million redevelopment project to enhance the dining and accommodation facilities; 30 additional bedrooms, Champagne Bar and Bar8 Brasserie. During the current ownership of the hotel we have been undergoing a continual schedule of improvements to our facilities with the aim of making our guests experience as enjoyable as possible and it is a pleasure to read how highly you rated the hotel. We would love to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Astonishing venue! Very clean and has a great customer service. The restaurant has one of the best food I have eaten so far in UK. Fresh and tasty with a choice of different dishes on the menu. It is run by family, but the quality of this venue is even better than a 4 star hotels. Was able to see the garden in the morning and it seemed so peaceful and a place where to relax.
Would love to go back for a nice dinner or an over night :-)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for such wonderful feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. Last year we completed a £4million redevelopment project to enhance the dining and accommodation facilities; 30 additional bedrooms, Champagne Bar and Bar8 Brasserie. During the current ownership of the hotel we have been undergoing a continual schedule of improvements to our facilities with the aim of making our guests experience as enjoyable as possible and it is a pleasure to read how highly you rated the hotel. We would love to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is a little off the beaten track but well worth it.
The service was good, food was good, room nice, bed comfy - everything you want from a hotel really!
I overheard a woman extending her stay and she clearly used the hotel a lot - this says it all. Definitly one to go back to.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joanne B

Thank you for your lovely review, I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found the staff and room so good. I am delighted you would definitely return and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am certain GG missed the turning an stayed at a different hotel.Our room was large, beautifully appointed with a lot of nice touches, thoughtful lighting, bottles of still and sparkling water and a well fitted bathroom. The food was good especially the breakfast and the staff were welcoming and efficient.We would like to visit again in the summer when we could enjoy the extensive gardens.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay:- the room and facilities; the food and the welcoming staff. I do hope we will be able to welcome you back this summer and you can enjoy drinks and dinner on the Terrace. Incidentally, we also have live entertainment on Fridays in our Brasserie that makes for a very shilled out evening!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip and was pleasantly surprised by at the value for money this hotel offered. Less than 10 minutes off the M42, tucked away in well tended grounds, the real surprise was the quality of the modern well equipped rooms - and the food.
Really, the food is worth visiting for alone, even if you're not staying here. But I'd stay again, just for the breakfast - probably the best I have had in a hotel of this class, high quality food, cooked well, served with a smile, early on a frosty morning.
The management have paid attention to the little things, and it works; makes the place memorable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that you could not fault anything and enjoyed location and the quality of the bedrooms. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the food and I am especially pleased to hear you started the day off well with a good breakfast! I do hope we can welcome you back soon when you are next on business in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorridge
Genting Hotel
#2 of 10 in Sutton Coldfield
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#8 of 28 in Solihull

Been to Hogarths Hotel? Share your experiences!