“CHristmas day lunch”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dorridge
Solihull, United Kingdom
“CHristmas day lunch”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Lovely Christmas day lunch with my family in the music room, good food, good service all in all a very enjoyable afternoon. The staff managed really well to cater for a wedding and christmas day. The soup was really nice , turkey delicious and the home made christmas pudding wonderful. Being a bit of a chocoholic truffles were very tastie and morish. Impressed by the new extension, bar area, reception and bedrooms. Intend to visit more in the new year to sample other delights. Grounds are well kept and the view from the bar really nice, we all enjoyed our stroll back home down the country lane. Wishing you well for 2013.

Stayed December 2012
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments regarding your Christmas day lunch. I am delighted you had a good time and you our food and service. It is great to read that you like the new extension and I really do look forward to welcoming you back very soon – we have a number of events coming up including Dinner with Simon Weston; Mother’s Day and Easter!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Reading, UK
Reviewed December 24, 2012

What a great find in a lovely location. Elegantly furnished and very stylish accommodation; great restaurant and service. Both at a reasonable price level. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business and pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found it reasonably priced for both business or pleasure. We really do appreciate you recommending the hotel and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Solihull
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have had the pleasure of using Hogarths Hotel for a corporate event I organised and also have stayed on a personal basis to celebrate my 1st wedding anniversary, I’ve also enjoyed a couple of special occasion meals there too. I cannot fault this hotel. The food, rooms, gardens and staff are all wonderful and I would recommend everyone try the Hogarths experience. The hotel has recently been superbly extended and tastefully modernised to a 42 bedroom property and has lost none of its charm, style and 5 star boutique appeal. I cannot say enough good things about Hogarths and if you are contemplating staying or using the hotel for a corporate event, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MrsSplodges
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful feedback, I am so pleased to hear how highly you recommend the hotel and it is lovely to hear you continue to return to us for many different reasons. I am delighted you like the new extension and refurbishment, the accommodation, the food and our gardens – we are extremely lucky to be set within 30 acres of beautiful grounds. I look forward to you visiting us again very soon.
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed here overnight with a business conference on site the following day. Great high specification facilities with what looks like the whole building recently renovated. Excellent restaurant and bar, all highly recommended, looking forward to a return visit April 2013.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Liampc67
Thank you for your review and great comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your residential conference at the hotel and to hear you are returning next year, I look forward to welcoming you back.
Launceston, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have written a trip advisor review about our previous stay at Hogarth's Hotel before but, wanted to say a few words on a recent stay.
We stayed here for our 2nd Wedding anniverary while we have been in the Solihull area visiting family and friends before Christmas as a little treat. We had a wonderful time and felt very well looked after and special.
The hotel has just spent alot of money having a refurbishment which is really outstanding. Very Chic and Stylish yet warm and intimate. We had dinner in the new restaurant which was superb, the food was delicious and great service. We like to think of ourselves as 'foodies' and have eaten at top chefs restaurants such as Rick Stein, Jamie Oliver, Paul Ainsworth, Simon Rimmer and Nathan Outlaw and Hogarths food was equal to any meal we have eaten at the top restaurants. We recommend our dishes the Braised Shin of Beef and Grilled Plaice, the '8 dripping cooked chips' are delicious too! Try the Banana and Maple Milkshake for desert served with Churros which are one of my favs and you do not see them on menus very often!
The new rooms are beautifully designs and very moden but warm and cosy - the beds are amazing - huge and lovely soft duvets!
Breakfast was great too and during our stay the staff went out of their way to be helpful and freindly and we really felt they were interested in us and our experience there.
Thanks Hogarths for a fabulous time we will be back hopefully soon! The Special deals you have been doing are excellent value for the service you provide...it is nice to have such a great experience that you feel was good value as it makes you happy to pay for it again!

Room Tip: As hotel is newly refurbished any room would be good!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review, especially as a returning customer writing for a second time. I am delighted you had a wonderful experience with us and you like the style of the hotel and the refurbishment completed earlier this year.
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your evening in the Brasserie and the style of menu and variety of food available. It is also lovely to read that you found the staff attentive and friendly.
We hope you are able to return and enjoy another of our Special dinner, bed & breakfast pacakages and as our 100th review we would like to offer you a complimentary bottle of Champagne when you visit!
solihull
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I cannot thank the staff at Hogarths enough. We were allowed to set up on Friday. I did the flowers and the cake so being allowed to set up on Friday was brilliant. Coffee was supplied regularly. Thank you. The wedding day was wonderful. All the staff without exception were very helpful, pleasant nothing was to much trouble. Our wedding coordinator for the day Adam was brilliant. Thank you, thank you thank you. Everything was perfect and you all helped to make it so.

Pam from Solihull

Room Tip: All the rooms were lovely. We were not aware of noise. We were probably making it all.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank pamela m
Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely feedback, I am delighted your daughter’s wedding day was perfect and so happy you chose Hogarths as the venue. We do hope you will visit again in the near future and look forward to welcoming you all back.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed with friends on a Winter Hideaway package which included Dinner B and B plus mulled wine and cinnamon bicuits on arrival. The hotel is fabulous, wonderfully decorated and spotless. We did have a small issue on arrival where we had been allocated a twin room instead of the superior family double we had actually booked but we were soon moved to a double room (although not the family room we had booked). We had a phone call a few evenings before to organise the time for out brasserie reservation and they happily accomodated our request to be seated with our friends.

The food was amazing and although the drinks were a little pricey the food was excellent value. We did have another issue when checking out over what we had been charged for but again, all sorted.

Definitely worth a look and I think we'll be back

Room Tip: ask for a room that overlooks the gardens rather than the car park
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear you like the style of the hotel and found it to be spotless. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience in our Brasserie and found it to be good value for money.
I do apologise that there was some issues for the mix up with your rooms on arrival and also the check out with your bill; although I was pleased that our Receptionist managed to rectify this for you. I can assure you we have discussed your comments with our Reception Manager so we can prevent these issues in the future. I do hope you will return - we will ensure you have a room overlooking the gardens!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorridge
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#11 of 25 in Solihull
Genting Hotel
Genting Hotel
#5 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Hogarths Hotel? Share your experiences!