“Fantastic Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Dorridge
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Myself and my husband wanted somewhere to stay after a day's shopping and as we had been to Hogarths for a wedding a few years ago we decided to stay here. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and were checked in within a few minutes. Our room was in the new part of the hotel and decorated and furnished to a high standard and very comfortable, lots of attention to detail had been put into the way it had been styled. As part of our package we received mulled wine & freshly cooked biscuits which were delicious! We dined in Brasserie and had a delicious meal, the staff were very attentive and couldn't do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. Had an excellent nights sleep in a very comfy bed and then a fab full english breakfast in the restaurant where again the staff were lovely. The hotel was been renovated recently and they have done an excellent job. We really didn't want to leave! We can highly recommend this hotel and will be definitely making a return trip in the not to distant future!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write this review following your visit to Hogarths, I am pleased to hear you returned to us following a previous stay. I am delighted you liked the new extension and refurbishment and enjoyed the style and comfort of one of the hotel’s new bedrooms.
I am glad you enjoyed the Mulled wine & freshly baked biscuits that were included in the Winter hideaway package and hopefully these helped relax you both after a hard days shopping!. It is great to hear that you also enjoyed the food in the Brasserie during your stay and that the staff were attentive and friendly. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hogarths, very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

As a regular business traveller, its not often I take the time to write a review unless exceptionally good or bad! This hotel is a little gem tucked away in lovely surroundings. Attention to detail in all the rooms and very clean and welcoming. Lovely atmosphere in the restaurant and a rare pleasure to find such efficent and friendly staff, a credit to the Manager here. Will definitely return both for business and pleasure.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, we really appreciate you taking the time to write such wonderful comments.We take great pride in the training of our staff and ensuring our customer service is of the highest standard and I am so glad that they made your stay so enjoyable. I am delighted you will be returning and we look forward to welcoming you back, very soon.
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here on 14th November and a wonderful exeprience it was. Although it was very busy, the staff were very attentive and friendly , the flow between courses was excellent. We ourselves particularily liked the Tapas style starters, for the variety of flavours and the sharing experience.The mains and sweets were a dream to be had , and in all we had a wonderful evening in a lovely setting, thanks to all involved.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, I am delighted you had a wonderful experience with us and enjoyed your evening in the Brasserie. I am pleased that you enjoyed the style of menu and food, the Brasserie menus are designed to offer a wide range of casual dining using seasonal produce. It is also lovely to read that the staff were attentive and friendly. We do hope you can return in the very near future.
Tours, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We came here on business for 2 nights arriving on Sunday night. The staff were great and allowed us to check in early as our flights had got us in before official arrival time. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable - beautifully re-decorated. We were even lucky enough to have a stroll around the grounds in glorious sunshine! The food was great and the atmosphere in both the bar and the restaurant was relaxing. Can't wait to return and try out their Fine Dining - we'll definitely be coming back for that!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to write this review following your visit to Hogarths. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked the refurbishment, even having time to see the gardens and grounds, which we take great pride in. I am delighted to hear that all of our staff were friendly and helpful and you enjoyed the food and atmosphere in the bar 8 Brasserie. We look forward and very much hope that you can visit us again soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Stayed here with colleagues for one night for work. We got a midweek business rate which was reasonable. I'ts a slightly odd out of the way place which I suspect mostly gets by on functions - the setting is lovely - there seemed to be very few guests midweek.

Staff are friendly and helpful - which was just as well as the heating didn’t work in my room and I had to change rooms at 11pm. Otherwise the room was very good, large and supplied with bottles of drinking water which is always a plus.

We ate in the Restaurant. Menu is a curious mix, only starters offered are tapas like though covering a wide range of cuisines and seemed a little pricey. Main courses equally varied, I risked the boulibase which was a mistake, it arrived luke warm and lacking in flavour. But my colleague’s dishes seemed better.

Breakfast was plentiful and pretty good, my poached eggs perfectly cooked, but let down by some cheap sausages.

A pleasant stay despite the room problems, but I wouldn’t return if paying myself based on the advertised rates.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cl1961
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear that you found your stay to be a ‘mixed bag’. We certainly appreciate your comments.
I am glad you found the rate to be reasonable and that you enjoyed the settings; we do host many functions and events but also have many customers staying for business travel or leisure.
I am pleased the staff were friendly and helpful, we take great pride in our levels of customer service. However, I am sorry the heating failed, I do hope this did not inconvenience your stay to much, we have now rectified this situation.
I am sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your meal with us, I have passed your comments regarding the boulibase and sausages to our Chef. The Brasserie lunch and dinner menus are designed by our 2 Michelin stared chef, Martin Blunos, to offer a wide choice of styles of casual dining using seasonal produce.
I am glad you would return to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Hogarths, where I hope we can improve on your stay. Should you wish to contact me to discuss this further, I would be more than happy to do so.
Stratford-on-Avon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

They have fairly recently added a new wing which have good size rooms with everything one could wish for. Huge bed, very good standard bathroom. The food was outstanding, I was fortunate to eat with colleagues in a private dining room but breakfast the next morning was just as good. All in all - loved it.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, following your stay with colleagues. I am delighted you liked the ‘new wing’ and it had everything you wished for. I am so pleased you enjoyed the food, both breakfast and dinner. I hope that you are able to visit the hotel again and I look forward to welcoming your return.
Redhill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband booked this Hotel for my 31's and I had a lovely weekend, Rooms are beautiful decorated and they looked very new, also we had dinner and food was lovely, drinks a bit pricey but overall the experience was superb.Also the staff was nice and friendly, and I couldn't have asked for a better birthday treat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hogarths, General Manager at Hogarths Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write this review following your stay to celebrate your birthday. We are so pleased that you enjoyed our facilities and the food. I am delighted to hear that all of our staff were friendly and welcoming ensuring a special birthday treat. We look forward and very much hope that you can visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorridge
Hampton Manor
Genting Hotel
#5 of 117 in Birmingham
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,223 reviews
Nuthurst Grange Country House Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Hogarths Hotel? Share your experiences!