“Room great but brekkie should have been hotter.”

Best Western Plus Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Meriden
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My daughter and I booked a 1 night stay at the Best Western plus We left both of our cars there in a roomy and secure cark park to the rear, and got transfers to Birmingham airport. The hotel sent us clear travel directions, that I was extremely grateful for. We spent an idyllic week in Italy but unfortunately suffered a 5 hour delay on return so didn't get to the hotel until 2.00am. This was no problem however as the reception was manned 24 hours. We took the option of paying for a full english breakfast the next day and had to pay for it in advance (we were advised of this upon check in the week before).
Our room was very comfortable, clean and blessedly quiet but because of the late arrival, we only really made use of the beds and the bathroom!
In the large dining room we received a pleasant greeting but it would have been helpful if the system could have been explained upon entry. ie. Someone will take your drink request and then there is a table where you can help yourself to cereals, danish or hot food. A toast machine is also available.
Quality of food.
A comprehensive choice of scrambled or fried eggs, hash browns, tomato, baked beans, wonderful large mushrooms, black pudding, tasty sausages and bacon. However my main grumble is that although the food tasted excellent, it was not warm enough, due to being kept warm in roll top steel servers. This was a real shame, and so I didn't feel that I had got full pleasure for the charge of £10 per head.
Otherwise, no complaints re this hotel and would probably use it again (but would insist that they nuked my food with a microwave if luke warm again)!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here the night before flying on holiday. Our room was clean and spacious and the staff were very friendly. We had a complimentary taxi to the airport the next morning, as we left our car at the hotel, and on our arrival back from our holiday. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GeoffP919
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Booked via travelzoo Stayed 1 Sept 2012 whilst visiting NEC, perfect. Great food in the fine dinning resturant great service. Package incuded evening meal and breakfast. Only 10 minutes from NEC.
The only down side that I did notice was that there didn't seem to be a lift in the hotel, which wasn't an issue, but is worth knowing.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

What a great place to visit. Fab hotel great staff and just a great day away. Great pub in the heart of the village and good selection of shops. The hotel is located well with a great bar and grill. Will come back

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in room 118 for a friends wedding, also at the hotel.

The room was tired looking and in need of modernising. It was spacious and clean though. We were right by the fire exit that was propped open most of the time. On night one people were in and out to smoke etc until 5am and the doors are so heavy each time they closed it was seriously noisey and woke us up. Not good.

I prefer a shower screen to a curtain but other than that the bathroom was nice. We ran out of toilet roll though! Bed was comfy and tv was huge!

The couple next door had VERY loud bedroom "activity" until the small hours but that's not the hotels fault and I guess that's life and at least she sounded VERY happy!!!!

Breakfast was good though I would have liked proper butter rather than sunflower spread and it was lacking fried bread. Sausages were particularly good and the choice was substantial.

My friends wedding went well but some of the staff were overworked (same lady served us dinner at 6pm that served us breakfast at 7.30am!) and so lacked some cheer.

I wouldn't rush back there and think £75 per night was very overpriced for what was basically a large travel lodge!

If we hadn't have been staying for the wedding I would have liked it less but when at such a happy occassion it's hard to be grumpy about a room!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have stayed here on several occasions over the years on both business and pleasure. I had recently booked a business trip in Birmingham & decided to book the Manor. The trip was subsequently cancelled and I phoned the hotel to cancel the room. Granted i was an hour outside of their cancellation period, but still the staff were very dismissive (it reminded me of the Little Britain sketch...."the computer said NO!") & showed no flexibility at all. I was very polite and asked if i could move the reservation to another date....and every date i wanted, the hotel was fully booked, very strange. I found an available date in October and the receptionist said she would check with the manager & call me back. It never happened, so i phoned them. I was told i would get a call later....i got a call the next morning who said they couldnt transfer the booking to October because it was too far ahead (err, it's 3 weeks away!).

I am very disappointed having stayed here on several occasions and at the sister hotel, The Windwill.

I will never stay here or at The WIndwill again. All i wanted was a bit of flexibility - I didnt want a refund. The staff were patronising and paid lip service.

If you're planning to stay here....I would make sure that you're not going to cancel, because you may get the same treatment....with text book answers!.

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in the Coventry area i can use instead?

1  Thank Pot&Pan
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Stayed last night - arrived at 10.30pm after late flight into Birmingham - only 10 mins away. Good welcome, clean tidy, well equipped room, easy wifi access. Food / breakfast was fine.

Would definitely use again - the real test...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meriden
Arden Hotel & Leisure Club
The Strawberry Bank Hotel & Restaurant
Marriott Forest of Arden Hotel & Country Club
Crowne Plaza Solihull
Crowne Plaza Solihull
#8 of 28 in Solihull
Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Premier Inn Birmingham Nec/Airport Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!