“FRIENDLY PLACE FOR A GREAT DRINK”
Review of The Crab Pot

The Crab Pot
Ranked #4 of 9 things to do in Selsey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed June 20, 2018

the crab pot is a really great micro pub to go try local beer and gin, no annoying tv or fruit machines, only problem is the place is also micro if going in at weekend need to be there early and don't leave your seat
staff couldn't be more helpful even when boss is down road having a curry

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Great micro pub, a must for all beer lovers.
Great gin, ciders as well.
No TVs the beer does the talking.
Can get very busy at weekends.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

My parents are regulars here and have been raving about this place for months! So they took my husband and I whilst we visited recently and I have to say it's fabulous.

First off the friendly welcome when we stepped foot in the door set the scene for what was a truly wonderful experience. It's a craft micro pub and they pride themselves on serving locally brewed ales, ciders, gin and vodka. I must say - being a vodka drinker I was intrigued as to how it would fare against my favourite Grey Goose but I was very pleasantly surprised. It was incredibly smooth and went down a little too easy!!!

Occasionally on a Sunday I believe they have live music, otherwise there's none which I personally think is a selling point because when the place is busy (as it was when we went) the atmosphere is lively with people talking. Seating is high bench style and if there are just two of you, chances are you'll pull up a pew next to a stranger and just start talking to them.

This place is just what Selsey needs and I wish the owners the best of luck with it. Long may it be successful.

Highly recommended and I will definitely be back!

1  Thank CorsetQueen
Reviewed April 13, 2018

The Crab pot is a great little place to go fro real ale or local Gin fans.

Nothing is too much trouble for the team an they are very friendly and welcoming.

Very popular venue for me and my work colleagues.

1  Thank Natalie H
See more reviews
Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times now. Edward changes the real ales on a regular basis so it is always worth a visit. You can also have a 4 pint take away. Local gin, fine wine and cider is also available Bench Tables add to the atmosphere and when ever we have been there you end up talking to people! They have live music some times and a small garden at the back for the summer. Real gem and worth a visit, cant wait to go back