“Still great” 5 of 5 bubbles

Chez Joel
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Steyning
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Still great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

First visit for a few months - because its been fully booked on a couple of occasions.

Food absolutly delicious - good wine and atmosphere.
This is not a big restaurant and all food is home made and from my experience all fantastic.

A Steyning Gem

• Visited August 2014

Steyning, United Kingdom
“Best meal I have ever eaten in Steyning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We visited Chez Joel on Saturday to celebrate a family birthday. My parents had visited previously and had thoroughly enjoyed it. We had also just returned from a family holiday in the Loire Valley where we had some fantastic food so expections for Chez Joel were high.
We were not disappointed the food, the atmosphere and service were fantastic. Sarah is lovely and definately brings out the personality of this restaurant.
We started with the aperitif which was a selection from the deli counter with a glass of Kir. My daugther announced this delicious and started making a shopping list for her next visit to the deli !
We then had the house pate which was smoked trout or wild boar. Both were delicious. For main meals our group ordered the beef pot au feu which was tender and tasty, the fish stew which was full of succulent fish and the baby roast chicken which was seasoned perfectly and tasted amazing. By this point I was too full for a pudding but my daughter had a chocolate hazelnut eclair which was very french and stunning.
You won't be disappointed if you visit Chez Joel and I am looking forward to going back very soon.

• Visited August 2014
“The secret is out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Steyning's best kept secret is out. If you are looking for an intimate evening out with classic home cooked cuisine then be sure to make booking for dining on Thursday, Friday and Saturday only. The lamb, fish and poultry main dishes offer a taste of Bordeaux with a wine list to match.

Visited July 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gorgeous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We live in Steyning, we moved to the village about six months ago, and have been trying all the restaurants and pubs within walking distance of our house. Chez Joel is by far the best! In fact, one if the nicest meals that I have had in a very long time. The food was amazing, the service really friendly and the atmosphere just lovely. I felt like I was in holidays! We're going back to have dinner there again this Friday to celebrate our engagement and there's nowhere else I would rather go!

• Visited July 2014
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went there for dinner and what a surprise it was.
They were really very nice and welcoming.
The food was exceptionally good and portions were just right.Probably the best place to eat.

Visited June 2014