“One of those rare finds”
Review of Steyning Tea Rooms

Steyning Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Steyning
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Came across this quaint little tea rooms by chance. Had stopped in Steyning for a paper and to get a snack lunch when we saw the tea room. An amazing place. Really friendly and welcoming staff and a lovely ambiance inside making you feel as if you are at home. The menu is not extensive but adequate and when the food arrives there is certainly no shortage of it. Its also easy to see that its all home grown or locally sourced. Reasonably priced. Only negative is that when we went there it looked fairly empty but we discovered that many of the table had been reserved and I think that some passing trade was lost to this. Stop the bookings and work on a first come first served basis especially in busy times and it would be even better.

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Warm rhubarb scones, with rhubarb jam and clotted cream. What's not to like? Absolutely delicious. Will be sure to fit in another visit before school starts again.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

As a Devonian I feel qualified to comment on whether scones are good or not. This one was superb; warm and home-made with home grown rhubarb plus home-made rhubarb jam and a good dollop of clotted cream. Delicious, sat outside in the sunshine with my bike against the railing. Lovely spot with friendly service.

1  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I've been here several times and love it every time I visit. Great food, fab service. All round awesomeness!!!! Good work!

1  Thank tanw2707
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Had my 2nd visit to this lovely tea-room yesterday. I really must say it was faultless. Can't say I noticed any tattyness as mentioned by another reviewer. Everything seems excellent quality and the staff are all so friendly and helpful. We both had the rhubarb scones with clotted cream and stunning rhubarb & vanilla jam. It was full when we arrived and one of the staff suggested we took a little walk for 10 minutes and she would keep the first free table for us, which she did. It is about a 25-mile round trip from where I am in Brighton but I will definitely be back - again & again!