Springwells
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Steyning
See available hotels
Windsor Hotel(Worthing)
  • Breakfast included
Blagdons Manor(Southwick)
Egremont Hotel(Worthing)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsporridgetop floorhigh streetb bon arrivalglass of proseccobreakfast was excellentsouth downs wayheated swimming poola great staynew ownersfriendly hotelcooked breakfastbeautiful townthree nightslooking forward to going backwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I asked if I could book for a "Bucks FIzz breakfast" out in the garden of the hotel - assuming the weather was suitable. It was absolutely fine I was told. We arrived on the day to be told they had set us up two tables and we could choose the one we wanted. I saw the one on the lovely patio and said that would be perfect but agreed to look at the other table just for interest. It was set up in the rose garden (where you can obviously have afternoon tea), It was heavenly! The weather was perfect we felt completely cut off from the busy world. A bottle of sparkling wine and a jug of orange juice arrived for us to enjoy while we mulled over the menu. The breakfast itself was delicious but the experience itself was magical. Thank you Springwells

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MICHAEL D
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This must now be my fourth time I've spent at the Springwells Hotel, Steyning, West Sussex, and I don't tire of it. Charming red leaf exterior and comfy large house/hotel, that's how I would describe it. I had the same bedroom as before, "Elm". All the bedrooms have different tree names. My only minor complaint is that this particular room does have a bathroom fan which does make a slight noise, but eventually goes off. Don't expect "new" anything at this hotel, but do expect to be extremely comfortable. I arrived on 5th July, 2013, boiling hot weekend and ideal for the outdoor swimming pool. This pool isn't exclusive to the hotel but is by kind access of the neighbour, who is very obliging. The gardens are on different levels and one serves cream teas. Very good breakfast menu including three types of fish. An ideal weekend hotel away, in the most charming oldy, worldy village, complete with village pump. You won't find any designer shops here, thank goodness!

Room Tip: I have only stayed in two different rooms at this hotel and the former room wasn't ensuite, but I believe most are, but best to ask.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Wonderful270
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Hotel has character, rooms all seem to be different and we had a comfortable room at the front of the hotel. (Four poster bed and plenty of chairs and furniture etc).

Breakfast was good, hotel was quite, nice village with lovely shops. We didn't try any of the other facilities but I'm sure they would be good too. Manager was very accommodating and friendly to deal with when amending the booking for example prior to arrival.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAD_888
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is really a hotel, not a B&B, and absolutely the type of hotel I like. It had everything I needed and wanted. It couldn't be called modern and will never be "classy" but was the more charming for it.

I was greeted and shown up by the lovely Mr Poli. No sneers at my filth and sweat, and he was polite and chatty without delaying my beeline for the shower.

The room itself ("The Treehouse") was big and well equipped, looking over the garden. There was a little porch area, where I left my manky shoes, lots of windows, but very effective curtains for keeping the morning light out, a great big TV I didn't try, a fan, an electric heater as well as a normal radiator and a heated towel rack to dry my kit, a fridge with a big jug of fresh milk (meant for the tea but perfect for post-run protein), comfy beds with nice pillows and duvets, a good electric shower in the en suite, lots of storage and surfaces. Some people would hate it but I was even put in a mood to love the tissue box cover.

The wifi signal was good throughout the building- I found at least 2 different networks (same password).

Most importantly, the food was lovely! Breakfast was excellent and served in generous portions even though I ordered 4 courses. The fruit salad deserves particular mention- a good variety of the nicer fruits (no rubbish filler), which looked like they'd been chopped freshly into my bowl. None was mushy or tinned. Even better, there is a free cheese platter in the evening, which is my idea of heaven.

I didn't get to try the pool but when I come back I'll make sure it's for longer.

It's right in town and about 100m from a very nice pub/restaurant- The White Horse. Pricey but worth it.

The staff were lovely and helpful throughout.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Sopooley
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed three nights here while visiting our son and his family in Steyning. We couldn't have felt more welcome - it was like staying with friends but with no obligation to help with the cooking and washing up! We stayed in Yew - a huge room up in the eaves with fabulous views over the garden to the Downs. The breakfasts were out of this world - we can especially recommend the creamy porridge and the succulent smoked haddock.

Others have written that the decor is a little tired. Maybe so, but that just adds to the charm of the place. It is spotlessly clean and a really excellent place to stay for walking on the South Downs, exploring the area or just having a very relaxing break in the Sussex countryside.

Room Tip: The rooms on the garden side are very quiet and have great views.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple