“An immaculately appointed parkland hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lucknam Park

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Lucknam Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colerne
Dublin, Ireland
“An immaculately appointed parkland hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is beautifully located in mature parkland with an imposing lime tree lined driveway leading up to and elegant building which has evolved over centuries coming right up to date with an amazing spa centre with excellent facilities out past the sympathetically converted coach houses.
This hotel is a destination in itself which will draw you in with the look and feel of a grand house.
I will be back....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Thai first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We are lucky enough to stay at Lucknam Park very regularly - it is by far our favourite hotel and we just cannot fault it. But this was the first time I had attended the Cookery School - and it won't be the last! I spent two consecutive days getting to grips with Indian food: West of Indian cuisine followed by Indian Street food. Each day covered six to eight dishes; the steps and skills required were demonstrated to the class by the chef, Hrishikesh Desai, and we were then let loose in the amazing kitchens. These are fabulously equipped and beyond luxurious - but what made the days so valuable was Kesh's expertise and enthusiasm - he is clearly passionate about food and teaching, and his enthusiasm is catching! His assistant Sarah worked tirelessly to ensure we never ran out of clean equipment, and both were always on hand to answer questions or help with a tricky technique. We stopped several times each day to sample the completed recipes, and all were absolutely delicious.
However, the real proof of a cookery course is whether you can recreate the recipes at home. Thanks to the skills learnt and the detailed recipe notes, I have just wowed my family with a five dish Indian feast - and my daughter and I have booked our places on the Seasonal Vegetarian Course. Can't wait!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I took my Aunt & Uncle to Lucknam Park yesterday for afternoon tea upon recommendation from a work colleague. Upon arrival you drive up a very long driveway which has speed humps on it except they are not marked on the drive and can (and did) catch you out. There are signs on the grass but you don't really look at them for concentrating on the drive. Lucknam Park is set in 500 acres of beautiful countryside and the hotel itself from what we saw was very welcoming, warm and almost home from home. We sat in a living room area and there was an open fire and large sofa's and traditional furnishings. It was very cosy and relaxing and peaceful. Our tea was booked from 3pm but we had to wait at least 25 minutes before anything was brought out to us. When it arrived is was beautifully presented. Having experienced many afternoon tea's in other establishments you tend to compare. At £23.50 per head I didn't think it was the best value for money with only 3 finger sandwiches each, one was salmon, there was ham and tomato and a tiny roll filled with egg mayonnaise. You had the usual fruit and plain scones with clotted cream and jam and a slice of what we think was coffee cake and then the usual fancy patisserie on the top tier which did look stunning. Quality and taste of the food was very good. There was no further offer of replenishing the sandwiches etc only the tea which was unusual. Having had afternoon tea at the Manor House in Castle Coombe I personally would say that was much better value for money and food was replenished if you wanted it plus the patisserie were in my opinion much nicer and more cake like. I cannot fault the hotel and the surroundings and would return for a cup of tea in the summer and for a walk around the grounds as its really beautiful and so peaceful but I wouldn't return for afternoon tea again and would rather go to Castle Coombe.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Leeca69
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recently spent one night at Lucknam Park with some friends during a weekend break to Bath. We were very much looking forward to our stay given the excellent service we received during booking. The location is very pretty. The drive through the gardens to the main house is quite special. We were warmly greeted, checked-in and and shown to our rooms.

The rooms themselves have a nice homely feeling but lacked the finesse and extras that would be expected of a hotel of this standing. This included lack of Wi-Fi and no mini bar. The room decoration seemed somewhat tired. The bathrooms were lovely with nice toiletries however we found the water coming from the shower to be luke warm at best. Overall we were not impressed by the rooms.

We had breakfast and dinner in the Brasserie where we received excellent serive. We all thought the menu had an extensive offering. The ambience was lovely, as was the food.

We did not use the Spa facilities as it wasn't that kind of break but we did have a look and it seemed very nice indeed! I can see why other reviewers speak so highly of these facilities.

Overall I would only recommend this hotel and spa to make use of the many facilities it offers. However I will not be returning as the rooms lacked the luxury one would expect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank MDLCLondon
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

What a fantastic hotel, what lovely people, genuinely engaging and pleasant, nothing faux here! We landed on their Helipad and they even picked up up in Golf buggy, big open space and easy approach which is refreshing compared to some hotels with a postage stamp H in the bushes! we only intended to visit for coffee but the lounge menu was so tempting and very reasonable price that we stayed in front of the roaring fire for lunch. Everything was "just so" healthy portions, linen table cloth on the coffee table when it was served an discrete but attentive service. I have previously eaten in the Brasserie here and would thoroughly recommend both! the weather was more Autumnal than spring so not much chance to wander the ground before we dashed back to the Cotswolds avoiding rain showers...

Room Tip: When eating informally for modern cuisine and environment go to the Brasserie for classic English Co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Ascot, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at Lucknam Park with my family last Christmas. the hotel is approached via a stunning tree lined driveway and literally takes your breath away, a beautiful country hotel set in fabulous grounds. You definitely get that 'and relax' feeling!
Once inside we found the service impeccable, everyone knew our name and we instantly felt at home!
The spa is great, very modern with all that you could need, including an outside jacuzzi which was amazing to sit in at 8pm on a December evening and stargaze! I would say that the spa treatments are quite expensive but this is the same everywhere from my experience.
My sister and I went horse riding on one day. The equestrian facilities are of a very high standard and the staff very professional. The ride around the grounds of the hotel was very fun! I don't believe you have to have ridden before to ride there but I would check that if you are inexperienced and are looking to try it for the first time.
I hope It won't be too long until I am back at Lucknam Park, I am dropping HUGE hints all the time!!

Room Tip: Our room in the main house was stunning with a beautiful four poster bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Valentines day, attended with my husband the new cookery school at Lucknam Park, a menu of several different pastas dishes. Clear instructions at a pace to suit. Equipment outstanding, all top of the range.
This was by far the best cookery course I have ever attended, hope to book another later in year.

Once again the food in both restaurants excellent. One of my favourite places to stay and eat,

Room Tip: Juliet suit my favourite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colerne
The Manor House Hotel and Golf Club
#1 of 5 in Corsham
Calcot Manor
Calcot Manor
#1 of 1 in Calcot

Been to Lucknam Park? Share your experiences!