“wonderful experience”

Ranked #1 of 7 things to do in Bedale
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed September 30, 2011

my wife & i was on our 1st visit here and what a wonderfull experience it was. my wife is disabled but no problem, we were loaned a mobility scooter at no charge.the scenery was fabulous, and the colours were amazing. the staff were very helpful, plenty of picnic sites, and a great play area for the kids. we WILL be back.

2  Thank fishermanYorkshire

Reviewed September 15, 2011

It was a pleasant surprise to visit Thorp Perrow. When my wife told me they fly birds of prey, I thought oh yeah, half an hour thats it, but it is so much more. After a pleasant meandering walk in the grounds, we arrived at the Bird Centre and I was pleased to see such a variety of well cared for, well exercised birds. In particular it was nice to see a breeding programme in full swing, especially the kookaburra!! Briliant birds! There is a mammal section containing one of my favourites, the Meerkat, watching the kids playing (Meerkat kids that is) was lovely, they were not phased at all by the immediate proiximity of homo sapiens!

3  Thank SuttonScouser
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The place itself is tired, it's the cafe staff who were grumpy. We had fun doing the days activity which was a fairy trail, great fun and really well run with a very good kids entertainer. The kids play area, in particular the zip line, and the animal section really lets the overall image down, it's just old and in desperate need of a refurb.
It loses points on value because it should have been free entry for rhs card holders as it's September, however today, due to the "special event" of the fairy trail, it was full price for all. I can't imagine this going down well for anyone visiting without kids but rules were enforced anyway... beware.

3  Thank Dibbleroftheshades
Reviewed August 2, 2011

John's enthusiastic and educational falconry display is the highlight to some most delightful surroundings. The care and consideration of the birds appears paramount. Most reassuring.

2  Thank Rexy100
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This garden is very beautiful and peaceful. A short drive from the A1 and easy to find.We have visited here around 4 times a year and never get bored, the gardens are often being refreshed, the trees are stunning and the bird display is awesome. There is now a small animal park too. The cafe sells wholesome food and the play park is suitable for under 10's.
There are trails throughout the holiday season for children at a nominal cost. Rhs visitor can get in free a certain times.

2  Thank Claire E