“What a hidden gem!”

Description: Art Gallery & Tea Room
bedale
“What a hidden gem!”
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We visited The Bridge Gallery in Bedale for lunch and I had to write a review, this place is so great, its only new (i think its been there just a few months) having 2 children I chose it on the basis that it has 5 stars (so you know you wont get tummy ache after visiting!) we live locally and we have tried all the other tea rooms in the area so we thought it would be nice to try somewhere new, we took our 2 young children with us, they had a childrens menu and gave the kids some colouring sheets and pencils which was great to keep them entertained. My husband and I had paninis which were £3.95 each and they came on a big plate with loads of salad and crisps, I had chocolate cake and it was to die for! My husband had the fruit cake and he said it was really nice and the kids were impressed with the brownies. It was very reasonable for everything we had (around £20 for 2 kids meals, 2 adult meals and 4 desserts) it seemed to be a really popular place with lots of people coming in for lunch and I think it may become a regular haunt of ours. We usually end up at mcdonalds for lunch on a saturday as its the only place locally offering a decent value for money thats child friendly so we are really glad we have found this place - gives us a healthier option!

• Visited October 2011