“Country Pub experience at its best”
Review of Fox and Hounds Inn

Fox and Hounds Inn
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Bedale
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2013

There is nothing to add to all the previous comments about the food. It is just exceptional. But I would like to add a word about the very friendly, efficient and helpful staff. Nothing is too much for them - and that includes those a quarter of my age. I don't know anywhere better for Sunday lunch. It comes close to my Mum's, but don't tell her I said so!

2  Thank Farmermike

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Well worth a trip, even if it's a bit out of the way. Ended up here for lunch one day after trying a couple of other pubs in the area which sadly don't open at lunchtimes. We definitely weren't disappointed, we were made very welcome and I enjoyed a lovely homemade lemonade which I was offered to try a little of before I bought a glass. We had the lunch menu of 2 courses for a set price (I can't remember how much now) but my chicken curry was delicious. I haven't had chance to go back yet but I definitely will be returning!

2  Thank Debbie8890
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After a 2 year absence I called in last Sunday for lunch...Wow!...Clive recognised me immediately and after a warm handshake pointed to an excellent table for one/two.

I accepted his recommendation for a Crab and Prawn salad with a suitable chilled Sauvignon Blanc, even though all other diners were tucking into wonderful looking roast dinners ( It was a red hot day outside )

Helen and her team produced a superb plate and taste...followed by one of her amazing puddings, filter coffee and home made chocs.

Sunday Lunch does NOT get better than this ANYWHERE....and I have travelled the World at 5 Star Hotels & Restaurants.

Bravo Clive and Helen!...Hmmm maybe I should keep quiet, I or I will never get a table again.

3  Thank mhold
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were taken here by family who live in Northallerton for dinner. As soon as we walked through the door we new we were in for a treat. The welcome from the landlord and the array of local products for sale was the give away. After sampling a pint of excellent proper beer we were shown to our table. Mine host came over and gave us the lowdown on today's specials, after listening to his mouthwatering list a precursory glance at the menu was all that was needed my mind was already made up. Small dover sole for starter and Crab and prawn salad for main course. The whole meal was delicious served with skill and humour, if we didn't live three hours away we would become regulars. Rest assured we will be putting brother in law under pressure to take us again.

1  Thank simon J
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Since I ,like so many people, work hard for my money , I do get cross when I hand over money for inadequate food .. This place is a guaranteed winner for food and a super welcome .. Tonight I've had Dover soles. ( melt in the mouth) and homemade honeycomb ice cream .... I'm not keen on ice cream but this is homemade and just not like ice cream .. It's just good .. Very very good .. Vincent in the bar is welcoming , nothing too much trouble.. the girls who wait on are super girls .. On the ball , lovely smiles and just nice .. Top of the class Fox and Hounds ..

1  Thank chlorakas