“Stunning”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We went as a last minute thing last year and the steak was the best food I have ever tasted, literally melted off your fork, so well done. The place is obviously held in high regard as had lots of awards, and rightly so. Would return

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food is amazing , even my 2 kids love it . Your always made to feel welcome and the service is 10/10 I really recommend !!!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I agree with all the glowing comments in the reviews. This is one of our favourite restaurants. The owner, Victor, is so proud of his inn and is happy to tell you the provenance of the food if you wish. He's also very helpful to one of our disabled friends. We've had guinea fowl whenever it's available and it's the best we've had. Other meals are also very good. The atmosphere is always good because of the friendly staff and the open fire etc.

1  Thank Maureen S
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My wife and I can highly recommend this pub, the landlord is the friendliest and most helpful you could ask for and keeps an excellent pint of Black Sheep. The welcoming atmosphere makes eating and drinking there a pleasure. We called for lunch mid week, my wife had the curry accompanied by all the trimmings and I had the Dover Sole, the presentation and quality of food was extremely good, the waitress was friendly and attentive.We will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Stuart84
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited this restaurant with friends and family after hearing rave reviews. I Was made to feel most unwelcome by the staff. The food is simply boring and I am not generally a fussy person. The ambiance was, how can I put this…”geriatric Tory”. One of the worst meal experiences I have ever had on the globe.

15  Thank Richard S