“A great place to break a journey”

Panettis Bistro & Cafe
Ranked #7 of 31 Restaurants in Bedale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 6, 2014

By good fortune we parked next to Panetti’s Café Bistro when stopping off in Bedale at the end of May in search of a light lunch. Tempted inside by their menu, we were given a warm welcome and offered a choice of tables in cosy surroundings. Beautifully presented eggs and bacon on a toasted muffin (along with a pot of Yorkshire tea), made a perfect lunchtime bite.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We returned to Panettis while on holiday in Yorkshire. We had eaten there last year when holidaying and my father in law had loved the liver and bacon so we returned. It did not disappoint. My father in law loved his liver and bacon again. My mother in law thoroughly enjoyed her lamb shank. I had beef fillet with brandy and peppercorn sauce - cooked to perfection. My husband had the meatballs and our daughter had pasta and garlic bread followed by ice cream and devoured the lot. Service was fantastic and everyone agreed it was the best meal of the holiday!

1  Thank TinaB21
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We visited Bedale for a nice evening out for tea. This was the only place that was doing food.
We looked at the menu, and notice that it is a bit more expensive than we were expected.
We hadn't booked a table, and asked for a table for two and was told that they needed the table back before 7.30. We took the table, they quickly took our order: I had Sausages and Mash, from the specials board and my partner had Fish pie, from the menu.
The food was nicely presented and rather fancy and the staff trying to be posh.
Food was okay, but expensive for what it was.
Drinks also too expensive, just for Appletiser and Orange Juice = £4.00.
Would not really recommend, for the average person.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Not made at all welcome...After finding a table without ''reserved'' on it; my wife and I were approached by a young lady who ''told'' us that the table was reserved, and we would have to go to another table. We were left at the entrance to the cooking area without being invited to order a drink or any menu's at which point we felt extremely uncomfortable, and decided not to stay. the waitress then apologised in a very insincere manner, and proceeded to invite a new customer to our table immediately.
We found a local pub on the same road which was warm and friendly with great food at much less cost on the menu; so in all the poor attitude and lost revenue from this restaurant, did us a favour and saved us money. I hope other potential customers will find the same.

3  Thank Steve S
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I went to Panettis over the bank holiday weekend 19th April. The food was very good. Cajun chicken and a pasta dish were well presented and very nice. The staff were very pleasant and efficient. The only thing that let's the place down is the ridiculous prices of bottled beer. £3.25 for a 330ml bottle. We all know how discounted these beers are at wholesale prices so please....do not let yourselves down charging the earth for just over half a lager. It really annoys people.