“nice food but not proffesional”
Review of The Pantry - CLOSED

The Pantry
Description: Now under new ownership (Autumn 2017) Fabulous coffees and teas, irresistible cakes and delicious breakfasts, lunches and snacks. We pride ourselves on our freshly prepared and home baked food and source our ingredients locally whenever available (...vanilla and cinnamon prove a little tricky!) In a rush or just passing through? We have a range of take-out options available. A warm Yorkshire welcome awaits.
Reviewed February 24, 2014

i visited here with a couple of my freinds and had a lovely cup of coffee and a sultana scone i touroughly enjoyed this but my objections are that there were tradesmen walking through the cafe to the kitchen mucky wellingtons and to follow on i dont think they ran it as proffesionally as they could have done.

overall i think it is a nice cafe to go to.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We visited here again today to have a relaxing coffee and scone with friends. When we arrived the place was warm, welcoming and not at all busy and the staff very friendly. We had a lovely cup of coffee and their scones of date and walnut were excellent.

One thing I objected to was that tradesmen were making deliveries through the restaurant and had access to the kitchen area. Don't they have a tradesman entrance? They also interviewed a woman for a job at the counter which was very embarrassing as we all know the personal/private questions that are asked at interviews. When the lady left the staff went on to have a conversation about the woman who had no experience in a café and couldn’t cook??

They have two single toilets that are marked ‘toilet’ with no male/female option. I had the unfortunate experience of walking into one of the toilets and came face to face with a man having a pee who hadn’t bothered to lock his door! Not a pretty site after coffee and scone! Maybe they would consider marking their toilets appropriately as it was quite embarrassing for me and could be worse for children.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Called in as a family for drinks. But ended up having soup and cake. The soup was excellent and the carrot cake very nice indeed.
The staff on the day were very friendly and interacted well with customers. I don't know why The Pantry is so low on Tripadvisors restaurants. The others must be extremely good.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My first visit here. On arriving the first thing I noticed was it was nice and warm. There weren’t many people in and it looked very clean and fresh. We were ignored so decided to seat ourselves. The minute we sat down the waitress came to take out order but we had no menus, so she took two from another table and stood over us while we chose. She didn't tell us there was a specials board either! We decided on full English. We were given the option of fried poached or scrambled eggs. We got fried but asked for poached. The food was pleasant enough but the eggs were undercooked. We also got some toast with butter but no Marmalade. The toast was cold by the time we finished our meal. The tea was served before we got our food so we had nothing to wash it down with. I would go back again but would probably stick to tea and cakes and give the main meals a miss. They are quite pricey for a little café and I have had better breakfasts elsewhere, so not really great value for money.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

i think it was a very good restorant because the food was rasty and well cooked but i thought it was a bit old fashioned to my opinion but overall good