“Great new taste experience”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Bedale
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Decisions can be quite arbitrary sometimes. Like when visiting Bedale, which of the two Indian takeaways, almost next door to each other, do I choose? Taste of India looked the most inviting. Next choice, what to eat? Do I revert to my usual range of four dishes or be a bit more adventurous? The latter won. Started with a tasty Mojhadar Combi pakora appetiser a mince-stuffed mushrooms dish then followed with Tandoori Damaka, a mix of chicken, lentils & pineapple giving a sweet/sour medium hot taste. Was I glad about my choices? 100% This was one of the best meals, not just of the Indian variety, that I've tasted in 48 years of dining out. I rang the restaurant after I'd finished to thank the chef for a memorable meal. Hope he got my message.

2  Thank billontyne

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Went to Taste of India on a personal recommendation and were not disappointed. The service was friendly, prompt and attentive. The menu had some very original dishes. Everything was beautifully presented and delicious. We will definitely return.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This Indian restaurant in a small market town in North Yorkshire is absolutely amazing. The best Indian food I have ever had. We lived in the midlands for 8 years. They say the heart of England & the home of Indian cuisine. This place is outstanding with friendly, prompt service. The menu is vast & all cooked to perfection. Never eaten food like it anywhere else & the presentation of the food is also outstanding. Anybody visiting Bedale for a short break, this place is a must.......

Israeel M, Manager at Taste of India, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you Sandra for spending time on writing your review with honesty as it means a lot to us, our chef tries very hard to keep our customers happy with good quality indian food using the finest of spices. We hope to see you again soon for another great dining experience.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Service was brilliant with young friendly staff at this beautiful family runned restaurant with the father being the head chef along with his sons managing the front. The ADILQILA JAAN from the hot section is now my new favourite dish cooked fully homemade style, something different which makes this little place unique! It's best to book in advance as this place is little and is full throughout the whole week! Keep up the good work

1  Thank Isabelle B

Thank you so much for spending time on writing your review, we are glad you enjoyed your dining experience with us! We try very hard to keep our service consistently upto a high standard delivering excellent customer service and quality food for its value. We hope to see you again soon at the Taste of India.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The food in Taste of India is like home-cook, fresh, real Indian food! My fiancé who's born in India compares the food to his Mom's at home!