“Didn't even have a meal not family orientated and very rude”
Review of Taste of India

Taste of India
Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Bedale
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have only lived in area for 6 month and fancied a curry night and to talk little one for first curry night on asking if they have high chairs we was told no n told to try macdonalds very rude and inconsiderate staff the area is not in a main place so limited places to eat as as a family makes you feel unwelcome would not be visiting again.

4  Thank Racky1234

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I live down south and visited the taste of India when visiting family in Northallerton. We were advised to go to the taste of India in bedale even though there are plenty of restaurants in Northallerton. The menu was by far the most extensive I have ever seen in my life. I opted for a chom chom while my partner had the usual korma. It was absolutely delicious. Nice modern interior with helpful staff.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We regularly go to the curry house in northallerton but after visiting the taste of India in Bedale I was pleasantly surprised to how good the food was.

1  Thank RAFmike
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Absolutely loved the atmosphere in such a little place. Looks like a really cosy little community. Food is good and staff always cheerful.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

During the recent bad weather, my girlfriend and myself were forced to make an emergency night stopover in Bedale.

We were both keen to have an Indian's. There were 2 on the high street, so elected for the 1 that looked busy. (Although on a wet night - probably explains why there was only 6 customers!)

We were shown to our table straight away, and drinks were ordered and came within minutes.

We order the onion bhajis to start, and enjoyed the poppadoms & pickles while we waited for the starters.

Onion bhajis arrived (2 with a nice side salad with them, not the usual salad of just shredded lettuce!) - these were demolished with great haste.

For the main course I had Achachi Chicken with Pilau Rice, and I must say the chicken was divine, and the spices in the Achachi were not overpowering, as can be the case with this dish.

My girlfriend (Who is a vegetarian) opted for Vegetable Rogan Josh (Her favourite) - and her comment was 'It was very nice'.

Cost approx: £30 including a soft drink & glass of wine