Review of The Garden Rooms

Spacious king  size bed
Relaxing and spacious sitting area with smart flat screen tv Large luxury en-suit with walk in shower
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Spacious king  size bed
Relaxing and spacious sitting area with smart flat screen tv
Large luxury en-suit with walk in shower
Tea and coffee making facilities
A  continental hamper is available on request for an extra charge.
Welcome to Snape castle mews
Garden for the use of guests staying in The Garden Rooms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Leanne T
“Beautiful area but disappointing stay.”
Reviewed May 4, 2018 for a stay in May 2018
people found this review helpful

The B&B is very pretty upon arrival & had lots of lovely touches but unfortunately we encountered several quite frustrating issues.

The room we chose was unknowingly up quite steep, uneven stairs , had no window or fan so was quite claustrophobic & stuffy during the night (If this had been mentioned on any of the online sites, we would have booked alternative accommodation as we only booked it for that particular room)

When we told the owners that the room had no hot water in the morning, they seemed uninterested & offered no helpful assistance.
After an icy, unpleasantly cold shower, we left feeling rather frustrated & deflated to be told "What's the problem, you've had a shower"

I can only assume they were having a few bad days but the poor customer service & room issues did mar an otherwise lovely trip to a beautiful, scenic area.

Management Response
May 5, 2018
I am sorry but I feel that we must respond to this totally untrue review. As you point out you were given a choice of a ground floor room or a 1st floor room, but as you are aware you were adamant that you wanted the 1st floor room even though we had concerns about your mother who was walking with a stick. When I carried your bags up to the room I explained to you how to turn the radiator off as the weather was starting to get warm, unfortunately you never turned it off before you went out for the evening. The oversized glazed door if left open for 10 minutes would easily cool the room down. When your mother came to see us at 10-50am the following morning and informed me that the water had gone cold, I apologised and rectified the problem in 10 minutes. At no point did we rush you and were quite happy for you to check out at 12 noon. Your comment regarding what’s the problem you have had a shower is completely untrue, you seemed totally satisfied with everything until we asked you to pay. The time that you stayed with us I had several pleasant conversations with you regarding your new tattoo and I also had a pleasant conversation with your mother whilst you were away for a few hours so I don’t understand why you felt we were unhelpful and uninterested. The Garden Rooms are new to this site, however we have over 500 reviews consistently scoring 10 out of 10 on other review avenues. We achieve an 85% customer return rate, the evening you stayed we had 14 guests staying, the majority of them returning customers and the new customers said that they would definitely like to return. Whilst the customer is always right, do you really believe on this occasion we were at fault.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing