“Brilliant place to stay in the Dales”
Review of Ling House B&B

Ling House B&B
Ranked #3 of 5 Threshfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed at Ling House for 1 night whilst attending a wedding in near by Appletreewick.
This family run guest house is very warm and welcoming. The room is spacious with a nice large bathroom. Breakfast was top notch and freshly cooked to order, there was also a good selection of cereals and toast. I really cant recommend Ling House enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank focuscarter

Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful B & B. can't praise Jayne and Charlie highly enough. We stayed here during our Way of the Roses cycle ride. Warm welcome followed by tea and freshly baked cake which was just what we needed after a tough day in the saddle. Beautiful room with jacuzzi bath to ease the tired muscles. Breakfast was fantastic - huge bowl of fresh fruit salad, yogurts, cereals and a great selection of hot food. Overall - fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Magsie-B
Reviewed May 8, 2012

We have just returned from a wonderful weekend at Ling House. We were greeted with a warm, friendly welcome and a roaring log burning stove. The 400 year old cottage has been in the owners family since it was built. Our room was really clean, very nicely decorated and had wonderful views from both the front and back windows. As other guests have mentioned, the breakfast was plentiful and kept us going all day, until our evening meal. The B&B is about a 20min walk from Grassington town centre and is in a perfect location if you like walking. They even have a great range of walking books to borrow.

We stayed with our 3 month old baby and Jayne moved the bed over to one side so there was enough room for the moses basket.

We had a lovely evening meal at the The Old Hall Inn the first night. The chef recommended the ox tail and cheek pie, which I would never have picked, but it was delicious, as was the beef burger which my husband had. The second night we went to The Devonshire Hotel for their steak night, which was excellent value for money.

We would recommend this bed and breakfast and we hope to stay again soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Threshers_Cottage
Reviewed April 2, 2012

One night stay in this wonderful 400 year old cottage. No fake furniturer here. The welcome was warm and friendly with a freshly brewed pot of Yorkshire tea. The bedroom was excellent with very good facilities. The views were worth every penny. Breakfast was everything you would expect and more. Just a stunning place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GandTi
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We only stayed at Ling House for one night, and unfortunately, also arrived late. However once Jayne realised we needed to go straight to the Fountaine Inn at Linton she offered us a lift, which we almost felt cheeky for accepting. She also picked us up and brought us back to Threshfield after we had had a few wines with our meal, which was lovely of her.

The bed was certainly the most comfortable i have slept in (apart from my own!) and i am quite picky.

Breakfast was AMAZING - you choose how much you would like the night before, by completing a form, and wow is it substantial when it arrives. I think my boyfriend's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he realised how much he had selected!

All topped off with an insistence that we took home a piece of cake each, as we had missed ours due to arriving late the night before!

What a gem this place is, wish we could have stayed longer! Thanks to you both.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I had travelled to the Threshfield/Skipton area to do some family research. The very first day I was there I tripped outside the library and broke my wrist. Jayne and Charlie were fabulous hosts; they drove me to and from the hospital and made sure that I had everything I needed so that I did not have to cut my holiday short. They also put me in contact with some of the people with the surname that I was researching. They definitely went above and beyond.

Ling House is a very special experience. It is over 400 years old but has been updated to include all the modern amenities such as a jetted bath tub and satelite tv. You can feel the history of the home in the beamed ceilings,rock walls and antique furniture. The breakfast is made to order with a large variety. I was offered coffee and tea constantly and it always arrived with a piece of cake. Doris's fruitcake is 'to die for'!

Threshfield is a tiny village with very friendly people. After I had been there a week, the villagers all called me by name and were concerned about my wrist. I felt welcome and am already planning my visit back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank aligb137
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed 11/06/2011 . Was visiting dales for wifes birthday. Really nice welcome and excellent facilities. Made our visit really enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank andrewmarshall

Been to Ling House B&B? Share your experiences!