Ling House B&B
Black Horse Hotel(Grassington)
$133
$111
  • Breakfast included
Tennant Arms Hotel(Kilnsey)(Great Value!)
$129
$94
Red Lion Hotel(Burnsall)
$83
$81
  • Restaurant
The Devonshire Fell Hotel(Burnsall)
$128
Hotels.com
$154
$114
$110
All reviewshome made cakesbreakfast was amazingon arrivala lovely place to staylovely warm welcomehistoric propertyroom was largetea and cakeyorkshire hospitalityperfect locationyou will not be disappointedspent two nightsfirst classtop qualityyogurtfull englishcharlie
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We only stayed at Ling House for one night, and unfortunately, also arrived late. However once Jayne realised we needed to go straight to the Fountaine Inn at Linton she offered us a lift, which we almost felt cheeky for accepting. She also picked us up and brought us back to Threshfield after we had had a few wines with our meal, which was lovely of her.

The bed was certainly the most comfortable i have slept in (apart from my own!) and i am quite picky.

Breakfast was AMAZING - you choose how much you would like the night before, by completing a form, and wow is it substantial when it arrives. I think my boyfriend's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he realised how much he had selected!

All topped off with an insistence that we took home a piece of cake each, as we had missed ours due to arriving late the night before!

What a gem this place is, wish we could have stayed longer! Thanks to you both.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel S
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I had travelled to the Threshfield/Skipton area to do some family research. The very first day I was there I tripped outside the library and broke my wrist. Jayne and Charlie were fabulous hosts; they drove me to and from the hospital and made sure that I had everything I needed so that I did not have to cut my holiday short. They also put me in contact with some of the people with the surname that I was researching. They definitely went above and beyond.

Ling House is a very special experience. It is over 400 years old but has been updated to include all the modern amenities such as a jetted bath tub and satelite tv. You can feel the history of the home in the beamed ceilings,rock walls and antique furniture. The breakfast is made to order with a large variety. I was offered coffee and tea constantly and it always arrived with a piece of cake. Doris's fruitcake is 'to die for'!

Threshfield is a tiny village with very friendly people. After I had been there a week, the villagers all called me by name and were concerned about my wrist. I felt welcome and am already planning my visit back.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank aligb137
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed 11/06/2011 . Was visiting dales for wifes birthday. Really nice welcome and excellent facilities. Made our visit really enjoyable.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank andrewmarshall
Reviewed March 6, 2011

We wanted a location from which to explore the South Yorkshire Dales, and happily, Threshfield was the perfect base. We spent our weekend walking in and around Malham & Arncliff, generally soaking in everything the Dales has to offer and having Ling House to return to really made it truly special.

I don't think I have ever stayed anywhere more welcoming or comfortable. The owners went above and beyond to make sure we were looked after, offering us lifts to and from the pub in the next village, serving truly outsanding breakfasts and genuinely making us feel welcome.

The room...

...where to start? We had our own little suite, with a bedroom and adjoining bathroom connected via a private corridor. The bathroom possessed a spa bath and a view over the surrounding (seemingly boundless) countryside. The main feature of the bedroom was the super king-size bed which gave us both the best two nights' sleep of our lives! There was Sky+, tea/coffee making facilities, a hairdryer and dozens of books about the local areas; essentially everything we could have needed and more. Beautifully furnished with exposed beams, the room oozed warmth and extreme comfort.

There is a local pub 200 yards up the road where we had a lovely meal, and the Fountaine Inn a 5 minute drive away in neighbouring Linton was superb (boasting a pale ale brewed exclusively for the Fountaine- it was delicious!). We couldn't recommend Ling House highly enough and are grateful to the owners for making our weekend away really memorable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JandAengland501
Reviewed December 28, 2010

Lovely little B and B in Threshfield just a short walk from the picturesque village of Grassington. Comfortable and warm room with separate private bathroom. We were greeted with hot fresh coffee and 2 giant wedges of xmas cake in front of an open fire in the guests' lounge. The owners were extremely welcoming even offering to drive us to Grassington and pick us up after a meal and a few drinks.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. We are planning to go back in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple