“A perfect home from home”
Review of Kings Head Hotel

and 1 more site!
Kings Head Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kirkbymoorside
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I found the owner very attentive and couldn't do enough for you, the food is of the highest quality I think I have ever had in a restaurant, I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ladymercy63

Reviewed November 25, 2013

With our son home for the weekend we took him and his grandparents for a thoroughly enjoyable family Sunday lunch that didn't break the bank!!! Spoilt for choice with a really nice selection of starters. The roast beef already came highly recommended and most of the party went that and all I can say is that it is now even more highly recommended and it was nice that there was the option of a smaller helping. I went for the fish which was delicious and just had to find room for the Bailey's Cheesecake with Cappuccino ice-cream. Sheer indulgence! Service was above and beyond in lovely clean, light and airy premises with easy access from the car park with one of our party recovering from a broken hip

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We visited early this year and the place was dire, we went again in October as told there were new people running it and what an improvement! The locals had returned and the atmosphere was good. We ate two nights and the prices were reasonable, we had a couple of issues with a meal but these were rectified quickly. The staff were welcoming and were eager to help. Would definitely visit again next time we are in kirkbymoorside.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank foxglovetravellers
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on Sunday 17th November with a friend. We was wanting to stay somewhere close to the north York moors so we could go walking the next day. Prior to making the booking I had read the reviews on this hotel and others close by but choose to stay here after visiting there website. Our room was modern, clean and large. Especially the bathroom which had plenty of hot water. We ate in the restaurant and both enjoyed a beef dinner, very good value at £8.99 I believe. I especially enjoyed the roast potatoes which were cooked with garlic. That evening they was a quiz on and we were made to feel very welcome by the owners and the locals. We really enjoyed our stay and will be recommending the kings head to our friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful weekend with friends the Hotel accommodation, service, , food,, bedroom,bar facilities were first class. We were looked after by Steve and Maria who made our stay very special, The location of the Hotel is ideal foe explorihg the beautiful Yorkshire county Look forward to our next stay Rodney Sandra Northwich,

Room Tip: Street facing room
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night having had a day out in the area. We hadn't book just called in after seeing vacancy sign. Maria very helpful showing me a couple of rooms and a cottage. We choose room 4, lovely clean room, very comfy bed and a large bathroom, great shower. Had the hair dryer issue that happens in a lot of hotels. No plug near the mirror and short lead on hair dryer. Can be easily sorted. Ate in the restaurant great meal local caught pheasant and lamb very tasty nothing frozen but my husband could have done with a larger portion of veg. Good night in the bar with Steve and the locals. Great breakfast next morning set us up for the day. Great location, lots of local shops. Ideally placed for exploring North Yorkshire . We are happy to have found somewhere we will return to.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Visited Kings Head Fri at 5:45 pm.

One other couple were in who asked twice when their food would be served. It was served some five mins later. They had a taste, grumbled, and simply walked out leaving the majority. I thought this was a bit much but they were clearly peeved at the long wait.

Our steak pie and chips arrived after a 30 mins wait. It was flavourful, but we we were dismayed when we realised that a Yorkshire Pub type restaurant had interpreted a pub staple in the style of nouvell cuisine with a small portion of faffy veg and a finger bowl full of freezer chips. There was definitely a hint of meat in the pie but it was mainly thin gravy but with a decent shortcrust top.

The staff were fine, but beware if you are hungry as we were after a long journey, Steak Pie at this hostelry will not fill the gap. The good news is that there are two chippies down the hill one of which we visited to top up. Cost was nearly thirty pounds, for the Knightsbridge version of Steak pie and chips.

One humorous moment however, when asked by the waitress if things were ok, I replied (not wanting a row, and hoping my hint would be taken) "that I could have eaten more". I was too cryptic by far however and she simply said "Oh thanks" believing that I was complimenting them on the food.

We are reasonably local to the area, and would recommend the Downe Arms at Wykeham for this type of food where one has to stagger to the car after proper Steak Pie and Chips.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kepwick W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkbymoorside
The Feathers Hotel
Best Western Forest & Vale Hotel
The White Swan Inn
The White Swan Inn
#1 of 3 in Pickering

Been to Kings Head Hotel? Share your experiences!