“Service which felt like family”
Review of The Lemon Tree

The Lemon Tree
Description: Y062 6DF family run business Fish and Chips, both eat in lovely cafe and take away
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We were in Nunnington, West Yorkshire attending a concert which began at 7 pm We drove all over the surrounding areas to find a place we could eat to no avail as most places did not open until 7 pm We were ravenous as we hadn't eaten all day. One of the pubs that weren't open recommended Kirkbymoorside as an area which would have places open. By the time we got there, we had very little time to eat and get to the gig.

We passed a little gem of a takeaway called the Lemon Tree run by the lovely Karen. We were fortunate as they had a very cute restaurant attached to it to sit down. Karen made it feel like home and made us feel like family by putting us at a cozy table by the fire and taking our orders immediately knowing we were in a hurry. I am a vegetarian and she did stipulate that they didn't cook in veggie oil but I was ok with that. We had the most delicious home cooked fish and chips for my husband and the most scrumptious veggie burger, salad, and chips for me. If you ask if I would go again, I would reply...yes, immediately. They didn't even know of Tripadvisor restaurant reviews so I offered to write them up so people can experience the same kindness and lovely grub as we did.

4  Thank risa_d019