“Finally!! after years of going to go, I eventually went!!!”
Review of The Lion Inn

The Lion Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Finally!! after years of going to go, I eventually went!!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

After wanting to go here for as long as I can remember I finally made it. And I was not disappointed. I went for lunch last Sunday and had a hot beef roll which came with homemade chips ( a mountain of) and salad, priced at £7.50. Gorgeous. I washed it down with one of the many local brews on tap, Yorkshire lager. Definately will be going back to stay over night!!! loved it. Staff lovely, pub atmosphere ace, definately an afternoon session pub!

• Visited March 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“The lion still has plenty to roar about”
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Four adults, 2 border terriers visited this pub on a very cold Monday afternoon. We were welcomed by a roaring coal fire and friendly attentive staff. This pub has lots of nooks and crankies, and we settled ourselves in front of one of the fires. The tabes and chairs don't match but this just adds to the charm. Amongst our party we ordered 2 Barnsley lamb chops, steak pie and a gammon. The portions are big, so I wouldn't recommend a starter. Everyone said the food was very tasty, and loved the homemade chips. It's not the cheapest pub food, but it is delicious. I did ask to view the rooms, and was impressed as they were nicest and more modern than I'd expected and in contrast to the pub. The rooms start at £80, and I was surprised that on a winter Monday night at 6pm despite having 4 rooms free they would not discount the room to a late booking price. Didn't seem to be a good business decision to me, but then again, I'm not in the pub business, all I do know had we have stayed we would have probably spent another £60 or more.

Yarm, United Kingdom
“Best place ever!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Cannot be complimentary enough of this place. Having initially come on a recommendation myself and my boyfriend have now been coming here for two years. We were just saying it is a good job it is a 40 minute drive or it would be too tempting to come more often! We now find ourselves comparing anywhere else we go to here and it is never as good! My boyfriends favorite meal is the Barnsley chops which he claims are fantastic, being a sheep farmer himself he knows what good lamb tastes like. I usually get the lasagne which is very well done and full of flavour. Both come with generous tasty helpings of chips and veg and although the food takes its time it is worth the wait. Afterwards we often have jam roly poly which is consistently excellent. The atmosphere is relaxing and the staff are always friendly and welcoming. Can't fault the place, it is a firm favorite of ours and consequently our friends and families who we have brought. Hope to have many more meals there in the future and hopefully back chance to stay in the b and b!

Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Refuge from a biting cold wind...”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Working on a Sunday is never great - but when work takes you to a great place - it all seems worthwhile !

Real fires in a series of cozy sections or 3 restaurant areas greet walkers and lazy car drivers ( that's me ) alike ..

Great Beers and a large selection of dishes - including a specials board confuses / spoils for choice.

Have just seen reviews were folk had to wait / were disappointed with the food - but I can say it was promptly served and tasty on this occasion.

Staff were friendly and efficient

• Visited March 2013
“Disappointing. .......”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

A party of 12 went for Sunday Lunch. ...extremely busy which I believe lead to the poor service...Had to go and ask for menu's after waiting 20 mins. Further wait of an hour after we finally ordered....I had a Roast Beef dinner for which I can say was very very dry. I had to use a full gravy boat to make it any were near edible. Brandy snap basket for desert was ok.....but one of the parties deserts didnt arrive...when asked about it, there was non left. It would have been nice to have been offered an alternative. Overall I think this is a place needs to put more staff on at busy times or it should be avoided.