“Fantastic Trips, Brilliant Team!”

Al Marsa Travel and Tourism
More attraction details
Owner description: Al Marsa Dhows have the privilege of entering the breathtaking world of the northern Hajjar mountain range Ru’us al Jibal with its awesome rugged ‘Fjord-like’ coastline known as the eastern Musandam Peninsula. It is here, surrounded by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean and Gulf of Oman, that one of the widest biodiversities of marine species can be found anywhere in the world.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

While living in the Middle East for 14 years, I have booked over 20 weekend diving trips with Al Marsa Travel. Over the years I've have stayed on all the dhows and they all vary slightly from each other in regards to size, number of beds, lounge facilities etc. Some are kitted out for diving and some more suitable for a relaxing weekend away. Regardless, they are all good boats.

The boats are traditional wooden dhows. The are strong, sturdy and have very good basic facilities such as hot water showers, flushing toilets, air con etc. Winter months are also amazing as you can sleep up on the deck under the stars :D

What makes Al Marsa great are the people who work there. The Dive Masters (especially Robert and Brian) are world class in regards to safety, dive briefings, friendliness and because they have been diving in the area with Al Marsa for many years, they know the waters, tides and sea life like no other! They know where to find everything from seahorses to whale sharks! We have booked private trips for 20+ friends etc and I have also taken a few trips by myself for a quiet weekend of diving on a shared dhow trip. Both were excellent!

The team onboard who don't dive are also great. the captains are knowledgeable and know how to look after you if the seas get rough. There is ALWAYS great food cooked by the chefs which is ready and waiting after each dive... It always amazed me how they cook such great food on a small boat kitchen (better than I could cook in my home kitchen!)

Highly recommended company for its team and will be back for a weekend away as soon as I'm back in the area!

9  Thank Nikki B

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Al Marsa have great staff and great boats. That, along with spectacular scenery and diving, made all 4 of our trips very memorable (and we keep going back). We chartered the full Dhow (sometimes two)!

6  Thank Anton B
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Some friends and I booked a diving dhow this past weekend. Despite the 40+ degree heat, the sleeping cabins and salon are all air-conditioned. The crew and divemaster couldn't be friendlier. From the meals to diving, they made everything easy for us. We had a mixed group 50+ year olds, 30 somethings, and a father with two children. All parties were catered for with care.
Divers had first class service, with a separate speed boat taking us to/from sites. Our divemaster Brian gave detailed pre-dive briefing and ensured everyone' tanks and gear were prepared in advance to ensure a swift entry/exit.
Al Marsa happily adjusted our menu, which we requested in advance. The food was copious and had multiple healthy options (lots of vegetables, salad, fruit, fish, meat, etc.).
All in all, I'd definitely recommend this diving outfit to others

7  Thank brianraggett
Reviewed May 20, 2014

It was an amazing trip at the sea of Oman. We have reserved with the company remotely from emirates. the crew was friendly and helpful. part of us went fishing with the small boat and the others stayed in the big one near the beach for swimming, kayak and water sport.
They prepared a five stars lunch with a lot of variety then served exotic fruits and juices.

5  Thank Ragui_Bassali
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We decided to hire a dhow for an in-house corporate event to make a change from our usual company policy of hiring out a hotel in Dubai. A party of 12 of us spent two days away from the city and everyone agreed that it was the best employee event we have run as an organisation. There were plenty of activities to get involved in, with most of us taking the opportunity to sun-bathe and swim. Some more adventurous souls tried their hand at snorkelling and kayaking. We thought that the facilities on the dhow were fantastic and the quality of the food superb. Being away from other people for a couple of days was both invigorating and relaxing in equal measure – It was a great bonding experience for us as a company. When I arrived back in Dubai, it felt as if I had been on an extended vacation, not a two-day corporate break.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
6  Thank Dana A