“Don't expect any service!”

Golden Tulip Resort- Dibba
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Dibba Al Bay Ah
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The only good thing about this resort is its location. Its located right on a beach with almost no disturbing surroundings.
The hotel staff (hardly visible) is quite unfriendly. We had to wait for almost 30 min before housekeeping attended to our simple request.
There is hardly any vegetarian food choices on the menu.The General Manager of the property was considerate to our food preferences, but the restaurant manager and the chef were very rude.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor (room numbers in 2xx series) and preferably in the center of the pr...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Out_On_Road
There are newer reviews for Golden Tulip Resort- Dibba

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Great hotel close to the port of Khasab. Well appointed rooms some with views of the pool and the sea beyond. The rooms are well appointed and the catering is good. There is a free bus service to the port and airport as well, but you will need to arrange to be picked up if arriving from Muscat by ferry. One down side is that reception poorly managed with very slow check in.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 1st floor for access directly onto the pool - or floors 3 and upwards for views...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cheeky2xist
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've stayed here twice now and found it the same each time. It's hard to think of a better location - a backdrop of mountains and on the edge of the sea. The long clean beach is good for swimming and for watching the local fishermen draw in the catch using 4by4s and ropes. Sunrise and sunset are beautiful. A half-mile walk to Dibba harbour allows a fascinating and unforgettable scene as the fishermen put their catches to auction, and local scraggy cats do their best to filch some supper. Nothing much changed here over the last few hundred years!

The rooms are specious, clean and with very fine views. The reception staff are very helpful and delightfully accommodating. It's not a place to go to for the food - breakfast and dinner are unexciting, though there is always a good fish option for dinner and they offer to cook your own fish for a small price.

Although the hotel boasts fast broadband, it is very much Victorian broadband - very slow and has to be re-charged every time it exceeds its gig-limit.

If you go there via a driver from Dubai, as I did, be aware that he will need a visa to cross the border. This used to be very easily passed over but they are much stricter now.

Room Tip: Choose one facing the sea - and preferably away from any hard-drinking Russian parties!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PT167
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I will start from booking, not an easy experience. The reservation agent got my name wrong, got it corrected, then they got the nationality of my daughter wrong on the road permit - i had to explain to the immigration officer at the land border that it was a mistake. From the start, the booking experience was less than average.

The check in was good, breakfast was average and was missing my favorite - live cooking! Lunch was average and not a lot of variety, in fact the saturday lunch menu had only 4 main courses, something unusual for a hotel (at least in my experience).

We were allocated room 106 on the ground floor, perfect for families who spend most of their time in the pool or beach, we had a backdoor which opened straight towards the pool and beach access, absolutely loved this room! In the room, more tv channels would be nice but if u come to dibba, i would recommend pool, beach and outdoor activities (which is literally the dhow cruise) - at 220 dirhams or 22.2 riyals, the cruise was a bit expensive, so didnt go for this option but i have heard it is a good experience.

The nearest mall is marina mall in ras al khaimah which is a 50 minute drive to watch a movie or get some fast food. When we were bored, this is what we did! LOL!

In total, a good and inexpensive getaway if you are not expecting a luxurious stay.

Dont forget to carry passports and check everything sent to you by the hotel ie reservation details, road permit, etc.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel has 2 review profile in TripAdvisor, the other one is Golden Tulip Resort- Dibba - Al Mina | PO Box 272, Diba Al Bay Ah 800, Oman

What can I say? STAY AS FAR AWAY possible from this hotel. We had a very unpleasant stay. They are apparently 4 star?! I really can’t see how?

Customer service was terrible, from the time we booked, no booking confirmation via email. When we arrived at the hotel, no security guard or concierge was manning the place, we had to off load everything on our own, no valet parking, no one assisted us with our luggage and we had 2 kids with us, there’s only 1 person at the concierge desk at 2pm check-in time on a weekend.

We booked for 2 nights long weekend with the family thinking we can be out of town for 3 days. But the 2nd afternoon itself we decided to leave the hotel and just let go of our paid booking. At the time of check out we were even asked to settle the tax payable for the 2nd night even if we are not using it and have already paid for the room. They have to seriously look at their customer service.

The hotel view is great, overlooking the Arabian sea, but by the beach its really not safe to leave the kids play around while you get some tan, because they allow cars to pass by, really weird.

The room, I have nothing to say except that our room at home is way better. Very dull room and needs some refreshing.

The only reason why we booked in this hotel is the feel of going out of town as it’s at the border, but that was really a wrong move.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TheIsaacsJournal
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Me an my Wife went to golden tulip dibba hotel to celebrate eid......and boy did they spoil our eid....This is me an my wife entering Oman :) at the border check post.....an this is me an my wife after 10 mins at the border post :(((((( The border post guard took our passports an said he will chk if we were there in the systems for road permit in order for us to cross the border...after 10 mins the guard tells us call the hotel an ask them if our names were registered for the road permit to get into Oman....we call hotel an oops they forgot to register our names......they said someone from the hotel will be coming down with the papers in an hour for us to cross the border....an this is the exact words....Sir we apologize but our assistant will be there in 45 to 60 mins max Sir please you can go to some SUPERMARKET......
After 3 freaking hours stuck on the border the assistant finally registers our names an let's us pass......FINALLY we reach the hotel not a single guy to take our luggage after getting all my luggage in the hotel it gave us an eerie feeling the reception looked like the backdoor of some transportation company.....anyways there was this arrogant lady who could speak arabic at the reception who made us feel like we are in a mortuary section of a hospital she didnt even smile at us let alone apologize for making us stuck at the border post......... our whole stay not a single person apologized for the screw up..........I don't understand how a hotel which is in hospitality business for so many years keep such kind of people working an that to in the check ins section.......man she didn't even bother to smile or talk to us......while checkin in the whole staff was in their own world......anyways I just wanted to throw my heavy luggage which I carried it to the room myself along with my wife an leave this freaking hotel........so I planned to check other hotels nearby but there was none this seems to be the only hotel in dibba thn I decided to go to khasab but later me an my wife decided to go back to the hotel an let's just use the pool an the beach an enjoy the scenery....
Omg this is the dirtiest pool I have ever seen in any hotel I have been to two star hotels yet they have cleaner pools....I was wearing swimming glasses yet I couldn't see much inside the pool except algae an weird looking stuff.....thn we decided to head to the beach which is just next to the hotel.....the water was clear an me and my wife loved the mountain surrounded beach....something we could have done for free........the beach is frequented by local cars though which just keep passing every few mins which sometimes can be dangerous as I saw lots of kids playing on the beach......

One thing I felt was this hotel is completely DIY I mean I would have had a better eid if this hotel was marketed as Do it yourself hotel.....and thn I would have picked my luggage, checked myself in, handled my own road permit, went to the kitchen and made my own food since there was no refills coming in for the buffet dinner that I had...I had to go twice to chk if the food has been refilled or not...
There is one local guy at the hotel too who just kept blaming me and that everything is my fault and made me feel like this is all because of me and all the problems I am facing is because of me.......This hotel is a perfect example of humility and not hospitality.......that local guy at the hotel booked us a dhow cruise ride for 250 aed each and he said he was doing me a very big favor by booking us for 250 only to later ask other dhow cruise operators that charge only 200 aed which even had kayaks, banana boat and beach chairs on the dhow....the one that we went had just snorkeling and banana boat....that too we had to wait for an hour for our turn.

Anyways I don't wanna go on........enjoy the beach the mountains and everything but the hotel stay far away from it.......WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!!! Spoiled my eid

Room Tip: Go for the beach view rooms the one where you can watch the beach the mountains and pool. Best advic...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank omar_sharief
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The rooms are decent, but the pool was full of algae and the gym facilities are not really all that clean. It's nice that you can stay out on the beach area all night, if you want to do so. There are few options for eating out near the hotel (unless you just love biryani). In comparison, the buffet at the restaurant is okay. Just don't expect top-notch gourmet, and don't expect after-hours service. It's really a decent place, if you are okay with a local-feeling place without all the frills that a 5-star joint might have, and actually, it's pretty great to find an affordable hotel in such a perfect location. About crossing the border from the UAE: It might change, but when we went through, you needed proof of reservations to cross. (Go through the crossing closest to the beach.)

Room Tip: The ground-floor rooms adjacent to the pool area are best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
#1 of 5 in Dibba Al Fujairah
Sandy Beach Hotel & Resort
Oceanic Khorfakkan Resort & Spa
Golden Tulip Khatt Springs Resort & Spa
Golden Tulip Khatt Springs Resor...
#19 of 27 in Ras Al Khaimah
Beach Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels & Resort
Beach Hotel by Bin Majid Hotels ...
#15 of 27 in Ras Al Khaimah

Been to Golden Tulip Resort- Dibba? Share your experiences!