Tyssedal Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rosendal Motel(Rosendal)
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrolltunga hikeclosest hotelgreat viewthe hotel staffgrocery storehearty mealnext morningmin drivefree parkingpeak seasontwo nightsbus stoppaintingsfactoryfjordhikingsauna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night after going up Trolltunga. The staff were very helpful. The evening meals were absolutely worth their money; the food was just amazing and they served until quite late in the evening. They also provided a lunch pack facility which I can also wholeheartedly recommend.

I gave the location a '4' because although it is right on the fjord, it is also next to an active industrial factory which does mar the view somewhat.

Rooms were spacious and I slept well.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Tyssedal Hotel was just a 1 night stop for us on the way to Bergen from Flåm. Being at around the halfway point between the two, it allowed us to make the trip more slowly and see more on the way. The hotel hallways can use some sprucing up as they have a "college dorm" type of feel. There is also no elevator, but the hotel staff was more than willing to help carry our luggage up the stairs.

The room was very large, with a new view of the fjord. The bathroom was the largest we saw in Norway, but be aware there is limited sink/shelf space for putting your toiletries. The breakfast served was pretty average, but the dinner (an additional cost) was one of the best we had in Norway. There is also a wi-fi connection provided for free, but the speed was a bit lacking.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GNRMatt
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here as it was the closest hotel we could find to Skjeggedal, where we needed to be very early in the morning to embark on our Trolltunga hike. The place is a little old but grand in a way, slightly reminiscent of the hotel in The Shining. Maybe because of it's age (or the fact that all Norwegians are amazingly fit) there was no elevator, which made hauling our luggage to our room on the 3rd floor quite a chore. However the view from our hotel was amazing! It also came with a fully operable jacuzzi with jetstreams! Their breakfast was also the best we've ever had in Norway, and their downstairs restaurant was excellent (menu changes everyday but for dinner we had a salmon main course, and a pork neck main course). The staff was very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful, which went a long way to making our planning for our 2 night stay in the area that much smoother.

Definitely recommend this place!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the fjord!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yen C
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is not a Four Seasons and because of that you can't judge it in that category. The staff however seemed very happy to help and genuinely concerned. They had been going through a management change at the building and this lead to Wireless headaches. I was allowed to use the public area wireless which was much better. Lastly on the night before I was leaving I mistakenly thought my flight was at 3pm the next day and planned on leaving to Bergen the next am. Upon reviewing the flight info again I discovered my mistake as I was due to fly out at 7am. Needless to say I had to leave immediately but that meant a ferry ride to get to Bergen. The new couple did everything they could to see if there was away to catch a late ferry. They went out of their way and although I had to book a different flight their customer service was exceptional! Way to go!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is way overprized. The location is next to this ugly factory and away from town. The room was hostel standard, very small, dark and stuffy, tiny bed, tiny bathroom, something you would find in Paris for 50 euros. I arrived at 5PM, I was very dissapointed, so asked to cancel my booking, after phonecalls to both hotel manager and staff at Booking.com, it was not possible to cancel without full penalty which means paying for the room in full, even though this was their last room, and I arrived in the afternoon. Bad policy and bad business. I am super annoyed .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo