“Don't let the humble exterior fool you, some of the best food ever made is waiting inside for you!”
Review of Ali Baba

Ali Baba
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Il Gzira
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Valletta, Malta
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although I've been a member of Tripadvisor for quite some time now, I am only just now getting around to reviewing the places that I've been to on here because I am soon to leave Malta after living here for almost 3 years now. And so I am in the process of reviewing all the highlights of my life since arriving here on the islands all this time...

The meal I had with at this place was the most amazing dinning experience I've ever had - bar none! It was also one of my top 10 experiences in Malta overall,for sure. I was fortunate on my visit there that I was accompanied by two other friends that eat out frequently to all the best restaurants in around Malta. So with that, along with the assistance of our very helpful and friendly waiter, they really knew what and how to order for the most amazing dinning experience I've ever had.

My only little complaint would be that, at almost 200 Euros for just three people, I found it rather expensive as compared to my regular budget for such things. But then again, we really pulled out all the stops that night, which also included plenty of different wines along with lots of little and big dishes - one right after the other for the entire meal (with little smoking breaks in between here and there all night). Soooo many dishes came our way that night in fact that I lost track of how many courses we ended up going through and how many hours we were there! The owner was really cool about it though, and since my friends are regular dinners there, he knocked a bit off the total price and even included free desserts and a large hookah pipe session at the end (which was also a first for me too).

Bon Appetit!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tehre_Brohanan

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Istanbul, Turkey
“Fabulous experience”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

A place I would recommend to any food coinesseur ,simply exquisite and food performed and delivered with a proper chefs true love to what food is all about
Recently attended with family and enjoyed every Lebanese delicacy presented
Owner,Hani explains all that is cooked to the least detail and everything is fresh produce chosen with taste.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 832Malta
stirlingshire
“quite good”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Enjoy lebanese food,was looking forward to Ali Baba.Food was pretty good,though mains expensive for what they were.As previously said by someone else reviewing,lovely decor and atmosphere,but when busy ,conversation pretty difficult due to so many people chatting in a small restaurant.

Malta
“Great food, service and prices”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Excellent to re visit this restaurant after not visiting there for many years, the refurbishment has taken this restaurant to a whole new level, the food was great too, with nice selections of starters, mains and desserts arriving based on the days specialities, the wine list also offered a good selection, I am looking forward to going back soon!

Ta'Xbiex, Malta
“Nothing short of amazing”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

From the meeting with Hany at the start to the drinking of the Arabic coffee at the end all was really amazing last night when I had dinner at Ali Baba with my wife. You enter to a lovely smell of exotic herbs and spices, and what they do with the food makes it very unique in taste.
Thank you Hany for making it a great night.