“Fantastic food and atmosphere!”
Review of Tentazioni

Tentazioni
Ranked #37 of 58 Restaurants in Il Gzira
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We had a wonderful holiday with my friend this October in Sliema, Malta.There are a lot, I mean a lot of restaurants on the sidewalk but Tentazioni attracted us the best. I can only recommend this lovely restaurant where the food was delicious and very helpful owner, staff who provide an excellent service. We had apperitif at the front tables with some complementary garlic bread and main course ( grilled fish) in the patio. We had a great time and at the end the bill was reasonable too what was cherry on the top.
Thank you!

3  Thank ZS C

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went there when I visit Malta in August 2011.
There are a lot of restaurant put tables on to the sidewalk as terrace seats.
I wanted to eat at the terrace seat, but did not want to take a seat in front of people passing the seat.
Then I met the owner who showed me the patio, and I liked the atmosphere.
Staff are nice too, they seemed in charge of each tables but they did not ask me and other customers too much.
Foods are very tasty. During my visit, every night I had dinner at there. Every foods I ate were really tasty.
2011年8月に一人で旅行した時に行きました。
この地区は歩道にテーブルを出してテラス席にしているレストランが多くて、オーナーに中庭に案内されて中庭で夕食をとりました。
中庭はとって雰囲気が良くて、周囲に目隠しがされているので一人でも気にせず、落ち着いて食事ができました。
ホールのスタッフは基本的にテーブル毎に担当が決まっているみたいで、過剰なアピールもなくゆっくりできました。
料理も美味しくて、滞在中結局毎日通いました。何を食べても美味しかったです。

2  Thank 616Traveller
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We had originally planned to go to another restaurant, but since it was full, we started to browse around the Sliema strand. We saw Tentazioni and it appeared very nice on the outside. Since it was night and cold outside we decided straight away to sit inside.

Inside it looked very simple with some mild decorating. It was not so bad, but definitely not good. We ordered a pint of coke and a glass of house wine to begin with. The coke was actually flat pepsi, and the house wine tasted awful like those 2 euro bottles found in a supermarket. Regardless, they charged a high price.

As we waited for our food, we received some complimentary food. This consisted of old stale toasted bread with edges burnt and the middle shrivled up. It was actually one slice of bread cut in half. The herbs on it were good.

After we finished these toasts we received a basket of bread which was also noticibly stale, but not as bad.

Then our food arrived. We waited a normal amount of time, however, the food itself was of very poor quality. My partner ordered the veal escalopes which was a too small a plate for the price. My pizza appeared to be 3x the amount of food than what she got. In the end I shared my pizza with her because she did not have a good enough amount on her plate. The veal itself tasted fine, but the sauce was nothing special. My pizza, the 4 stagioni, was very roughly done. It was quite burnt in the centre and did not have its ingredients spread out. There were lumps of cheese, an overload of olives, and not to mention..

there was a hair in my food.

We ended up eating the remaining bread in the basket because we were still a bit hungry.

This is the first time I did not leave any tip at all. We will never go there again. They actually gave us a trip-advisor card, and because it was so horrible, I decided to go to trip advisor and write this review.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

It is mistake to visit Malta and not eat in Tentazioni.
When I asked people in Sliema, where to go to eat good food with nice price, it was curiously when everyboday recoment this restaurant... and they were right.

Amazing food. Great ambience. Caring staff. Small world (People from whole world).
I travle a lot and my only free time, when I can relax, enjoy the is during spending time in restaurant. So usually I quite demending of chosing the best.
Overall, it was an enjoyable evening with good food and great service
It's on our list as must for next visit.

Petter from Oslo

3  Thank Piter O
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have to say that Tentazioni is one of the best restaurants in Malta!
The perfect food at reasonable prices, amazing Italian atmosphere, welcoming staff and excellent service.
There is a very good wine list. Big choice of fish and seafood. Fantastic pasta!
Everything was really delicious.
Moreover this restaurant has elegant, unique decor.
I hope to visit again soon...

2  Thank Nina F