“Ideal central location for the best in what Malta offers.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Milano Due

Milano Due
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Il Gzira
kirkcaldy fife scotland
“Ideal central location for the best in what Malta offers.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

This hotel I found to be excellent for my requirements,on the main waterfront central to all your needs and available transport for whatever you wish to do.I found all the staff very obliging willing to help you anyway they can with a 24hrs receiption.It is approx 20 mins transferr time from the airport with balcony views looking out over the Sliema waterfront towards the capitol Valletta,balconies pick up the sun from morning thru to afternoon.Receiption area and restaurant are free WiFi areas which is handy for your IT gear, with restaurant staff there for your needs,breakfast area is in the rooftop restaurant with excellent views over Valletta etc.,this accessed by lift so no probs there.Well what more can I say but thank all concerned and hope to see you again soon,with a special thank you too Alicia at receiption for assistance in arranging local tours etc.

Room Tip: Handy for local transport rigt at door
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank robertgow
nikzak, General Manager at Milano Due, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for the lovely comments.

All our staff are excellent.

Alicia our Head Receptionist is a great asset together with her Front Office collegues.

Hope to be of service again in the near future.

Franklin.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Polish first
wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed at the Milano Due for a week in March 2011. Had read so many negative reviews about the hotel so wasnt sure what to expect.
When we arrived we were told we had been given a sea view room, brilliant start to the holiday.
Our room was on the third floor, and first impressions were good.
Our double bed looked quite small, but that was only because back home we have a superking size bed. The room was everything I expected it to be. The bathroom was clean and contained everything you needed.
The view from our room was outstanding. Breakfast was continental, but you could eat enough to keep you going throughout the day, no problems with the food.
Staff were friendly and our room was cleaned daily with clean towels each day.
I would recommend this hotel to others, we had a great time in Malta and if it wasnt for so many other places to see in our lifetime we would return.
Thank you to the staff for making our stay welcoming.

Theresa and Phill

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank likesalaugh
nikzak, General Manager at Milano Due, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Thank you for the lovely comments & recommendation.

We suggest that for a nominal extra charge one can enjoy lovely views from our Sea View rooms.

We hope to be of service in the near future.

Since the refurbishment most guests have been more than satisfied.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2011

On arrival I was pleasantly surprised by how efficient and helpful all the staff are. As a business man I needed things like photocopies, internet, print outs etc... luckily I was staying in the right hotel as nothing seemed to be too much trouble. My room was cleaned every day to a high standard, I always requested additional fresh towels and always received them.
Frank( I think, the Managers name) always made a big effort to say "hello" and asked if I found everything okay with my room and hotel and if I needed anything just to ask.
Mohamed the duty Manager was also very helpful and friendly.
Each time I visit Malta through my work I will always go back to the Milano Due as the service and Hotel is second to none...I would recommend it to anyone.

Rami Nazzal

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank lifeinmalta
nikzak, General Manager at Milano Due, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
Thank you for the lovely comments.
We hope to be of service to you in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I knew Malta very well before going to this hotel, and I was pretty disappointed.
We had asked for double bed and didn't receive one. The room was ok, but old and not very clean, it would definitely need some refreshing.
The breakfast was nothing special, pretty industrial.
The location though was good, at the beginning of the touristic area, close to a bus stop.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank odalys48
nikzak, General Manager at Milano Due, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Other reviews demonstrate that most of our guests are satisfied with the services and standard of the Hotel since re opening.

We will ensure to improve as we did on the presentation & content of the Buffet Continental B'Fast since June 2010 ( when Guest was accommodated at our Hotel).

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

Me and a few friends stayed at the Milano Due hotel which is situated on the Strand in Sliema, Malta.

It overlooks a rocky beach and a harbour full of yatchs, ships and ferrys!

The hotel is nice and clean and the service is good. It is located near major bus stop routes and has some nice food places beside it.

If you are to book a room here, i'd suggest a side Sea View with balcony or Front Sea View with balcony as the other rooms around back overlook residential houses. We'd wake up in the morning, and have a coffee on balcony with the sunshine hitting us!

The hotel offer a nice continental breakfast.. they offers, teas, coffee, latte, orange juice, eggs, cereals, milk, jam, butter, salad, cheese, toasts, french bread and biscuits. I only ate from these section as i am a vegetarian, but im sure they have other options too.

The breakfast is served on the 7th floor and has a nice terrace where you can sit outside and watch the pleasant sea view and harbour and city.

The rooms are nice and cleaned daily. They have a safe (£10 euro deposit) and wardrobes and drawers and a TV. (5 euro deposit for remote control). All deposits are returned when you leave.

The room service ladty would clean every morning.

They havea very small little room with gym equipment and a very small sauna - but we never used this as we used to travel out more!

If you want more information/photos, your welcome to contact me.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Xplor3r
nikzak, General Manager at Milano Due, responded to this review, March 14, 2011
Thank you for your beautiful comments.

This shows that hotel supersedes expectations.

Our side sea View & sea View rooms with balcony are really value for money.

Hope to be of service in the near future.

staffordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2011

This was booked only a couple of weeks prior to arrival and at a very good rate. The promo rate on travelrepublic.com.
Ok, on arrival in the evening, on checking in the male receptionist was......... not the best in the art of conversation, but hey thats Malta at times.
The lobby area was clean and tidy and the lift was the usual small Malta size, but at least it worked!
On arrival on the 5th floor I opened the door to my budget, promo single room............
WOW....WOW... It was a twin room for sole use! Bargain. I was very happy at not being put into a room where you out stretch your arms and touch both walls..... You know the ones.
The room was big, twin beds, table and decent size with double wardrobe and 2 chairs. The room even had heating, as it was January I was happy with that one.
I didnt book a sea view, so I wasn't surprised to have a view of the service shaft/ rear areas.
The bathroom was small but functional. Shower cubicle a tad small to be honest but the shower was a power shower, a first in a 3 star in Malta!!! well done.....

Sleep was good, bed a comfy one..... again a first for budget Maltese hotels.
Sheets and towels all clean and looked new. The blanket/ duvet was also very welcome.
HOWEVER...... each morning at 04:10am some ****** cockerell thing was screeching out for a couple of hours!!!! UUUGGHHHHHH......... Clearly no fault of the hotel. But worthy of a mention, bring earplugs!
On that note, being a budget hotel.... I found during the early hours some noise and screaming from hotel windows, running in the corridors etc by young Italian residents.
Annoying, but they are holidaying too.....

Breakfast the next day was..... usual bread/ toast, cheese, ham, cereals etc..... and then coffee machine and juice. It's a start, what you get and to be honest if you want more... pay more. Breakfast staff were great and chatty.

The purpose of the trip, as always is scuba diving. So for the days I was always out diving with Scubanauts, they collected me from the hotel as normal.

Location of the hotel, excellent....... walking distance to the Sliema shops and opposite the harbour with good views.

On leaving a few days later, I went to reception at 4am and found around 6 to 8 young Italians wandering in and out from a corridor, getting waters, beers from reception and making alot of noise....... Thank god I wasn't on the ground floor.
Shame, but as I said.... they are holiday makers too.

All in all.......... I would happily stay over here again and would have no worries in recomending to friends/ family.... I would take ear plugs.

Thanks Milano Due and perhaps if the rates good I may end stopping with you next trip in April.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank padimsddiver
nikzak, General Manager at Milano Due, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
We give very good value for money, our personnel are a credit & since the re opening after the refurbishment we have improved ratings as the great majority of our visitors have enjoyed their stay with us.

This is very encouraging.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

Stayed at the Milano for 1 week although good value for money service was poor on arriving was put into an internal room. was not informed where any of the facilities were like the fittness room and jacuzzi.. Request a Double Bed on booking but was given a twin bed room. When complained to reception was told their was none available and would have to request one for the next day. As tired from travelling decided to spend the evening relaxing in our room with the TV which to our anoyance found did not work without remote control to which we search the whole room. So we decid to listen to the Radio which did not work. Once complaining once again to reception the next morning we were eventually moved to a double room and was given the information that you had to obtain the Remote control from reception leaving a deposit. We were booked for Bed and Breakfast which we did not eat as the first morning the cereals were stale and the bread was mouldy. so we did not eat breakfast at the hotel we found a resturant down the road. There was no tea making facilities and when requested was told we could buy it from the cafe and take to our room. but this was closed when we returne from an evening out and we do like a cup of tea when we first get up. On the good side the rooms were basic but clean and clean towels and sheets every day. I would not return to this hotel for a holiday

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
nikzak, Manager at Milano Due, responded to this review, February 4, 2011
This is a normal complaint from Guests who book Internal Rooms.

The charge of the Side Sea View Rooms with balcony is minimal.

It is normal procedure to leave a deposit for the TV remote. A Sign on the desk states this fact.

Our receptionists are instructed to inform clients of this.

Breakfast is to the required 3 star standard, one has only to check the previous reviews to verify this.

We regret that the client was not entirely happy but it is evident that the hotel obliged to the client's requests & was given a double bed & a side sea View without EXTRA COSTS.

Travelers are raving about these Il Gzira hotels

#2 of 2 in Il Gzira
Sliema Marina Hotel
Sliema Marina Hotel
#6 of 29 in Sliema

Been to Milano Due? Share your experiences!