TripAdvisor

“Nothing special”
Review of The Drunk Bull

The Drunk Bull
Ranked #17 of 72 Restaurants in Il Gzira
Description: A wide range of cured meats and cheeses and more than 150 different types of wines sorround our grilled meats and fishes dishes in an harmonious food&drink experience, where a particular attention is given to the raw materials selected for their quality and healthy.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went twice, once to the Drunk Bull, once to the caffe next to eat, for which they share kitchen and menu.
Basically, the Drunk Bull is open just at nighttime, and the cafe place is open all day.
I had lunch in the cafe, was sort of ok.
I had dinner in the Drunk Bull, was just about ok too.

But nothing special and over priced.

Wouldn’t come back, as I would rather check some other place around

Date of visit: September 2019
Gavilabltd, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at The Drunk Bull, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear customer, we wish to do our best next time... We hope to show you our special cousine and our passion for the food!!
Have a nice holiday in Malta.

Write a reviewReviews (70)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I am starting in the hotel connect to this place a leaflet in the room says 10% off for guests first night so we said let's eat here, sat down at a table a girl waiter said this table is for 4 will you move initially we did but felt cramped I then looked around and saw two solo diners at tables for 4 I mentioned this to a Male waiter he said that's the owner ? I decided that this was not for us said we would eat elsewhere the waiter said "move on then" with an attitude. I moved to the smokehouse restaurant adjacent to spend my hard earned money where it might be more appreciated. The waitress was very friendly we had a great meal and shall visit again so I advise pass the Bull and join the smokehouse to avoid cocky waiters with attitude.

Date of visit: September 2019

We can’t give you a table booked from someone else... next time we suggest you to book before. Have a nice staying in Malta

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered steak striploin medium well for 21€, and pizza. As result I've got very well done dry and overcooked meat, was difficult to chewing. Same for pizza rather difficult to cut it with knife. On the next table spouses also returned their ravioli and pizza. So I rejected to pay for this steak and just returned it back. Very disappointed with that. On previous negative review answer was like it was first one of 100 reviews, but come on, look around, your guests return your food back I saw few examples, but most people very shy to go into conversation about it. Probably you were good sometime ago, but not now.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

friendly service excellent food. nice place to sit and watch the world go by in Sliema Malta. The food was really good.

Date of visit: September 2019
paolinoDella, Proprietario at The Drunk Bull, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Thank you very much Philip!

Reviewed August 30, 2019 via mobile

Was just looking for a filling pasta dish and was pleased with my Duck Ragu with home made tagliatelle. Burgers and Steaks also looked good. Only negatives really were no butter or olive oil with breads which you’d hope for in an Italian. Plus the air con was either needing a recharge or not working very well as it was really hot inside. Thanks

Date of visit: August 2019
paolinoDella, Proprietario at The Drunk Bull, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2019

Thank you very much for our food appreciation and sorry for the inconvenience about the AC system; we are trying to repair it asap.