This hotel is perched in the best spot in all of Carrillo for sunset viewing. The pool, restaurant, and ocean view rooms were money on their views of the bay. The pool was fantastic. The restaurant food was average and certainly the most expensive I've encountered so far in costa rica. There are a few options for food outside of the hotel so no worries there.
I stayed in an ocean view room. It was sparsely decorated, reminding me of how the non-secured hotels looked in New Orleans a few months post-Katrina. They were open but you sense something just isn't right upon entering the room. I couldn't imagine paying high season rates at this hotel. There isn't much to do at the hotel or in Carrillo to warrant paying more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guanamar is a three star family hotel in Playa Carrillo Costa Rica in Guanacaste province which has been operating for the last 25 years in the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica, near the warm waters of Pacific ocean.It just 2 miles from Playa Samara. The hotel is surrounded by the rich and exuberant flora and fauna typical from the area. Guanamar is perfectly situated on the hill top at the southern end of the bay, inviting guests to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views and sunsets. Guanamar is located close to samara beach hotels (4miles) and just 1 mile from local airport (samara airport). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Guanamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guanamar Hotel Playa Carrillo
- Hotel Guanamar Guanacaste, Costa Rica