I stayed 3 nights at Guanamar and it totally met my expectations. They are located just up the hill at the south end of Playa Carrillo, as there development on the beach is prohibited - which is what makes Carrillo so nice. The rooms we had were down the hill from the pool and restaurant with a great view of the ocean. The view of sunsets from the pool deck can not be beat - awesome! The staff was very friendly. The rooms were big with plenty of hot water pressure in the shower and the A/C worked great. A typical Costa Rican buffet breakfast was included - eggs, gallo pinto, fruit and pancakes. I love Carrillo because the beach is quieter and you are only 5km from Samara, which has more restaurants and bars. I was able to take advantage of a discount coupon on the rate, so the value was excellent. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guanamar is a three star family hotel in Playa Carrillo Costa Rica in Guanacaste province which has been operating for the last 25 years in the North Pacific coast of Costa Rica, near the warm waters of Pacific ocean.It just 2 miles from Playa Samara. The hotel is surrounded by the rich and exuberant flora and fauna typical from the area. Guanamar is perfectly situated on the hill top at the southern end of the bay, inviting guests to enjoy the spectacular panoramic views and sunsets. Guanamar is located close to samara beach hotels (4miles) and just 1 mile from local airport (samara airport). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Guanamar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guanamar Hotel Playa Carrillo
- Hotel Guanamar Guanacaste, Costa Rica