“Highlight of the trip”
Review of Casa Buenavista

Casa Buenavista
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Casa Buenavista is a gem worth far more than the reasonable rates suggest. My husband and I stayed here for a too short three night stay in April 2012. I can only echo all of the great things other reviewers have said. The colourful fruit salads and home baking were some of the best meals we ate in Costa Rica, the room and property were beautiful and comfortable, and the hosts were unsurpassed.

Aside from the great Casa Buenavista, the Playa Carillo/Samara areas offer many hidden gems, like Playa Buenavista. Get a pizza to go from Hula Jungla and catch an evening soccer game with the locals.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tpott1979

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Cinzia and Fiorenzo are the perfect hosts. Kind, attentive and respectful of your privacy. The place is spotless. Every morning we awoke to the sound of parrots, anticipating another one of the delicious homemade breakfasts. Carrillo is one of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica, and Casa Buenavista is the place to stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smartcasual
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed at Casa Buenavista in March 2012 and it was such a pleasure. This was my 5th trip to Costa Rica and 2nd trip to Samara/Carrillo area. Cinzia and Fiorenzio have such wonderful energy about them. They are welcoming and you feel like you are at a home away from home. The food was healthy and delicious and Fiornzio's massages are so energizing. I was only able to spend 2 nights in this wonderful spot because they were busy, next time I will book my reservation with Casa Buenavista before I book my flight -it is that great of a place.
If you are looking for a big resort with lots of other tourists, this is not a place for you. If you are looking for a quiet, lovely spot with local flavor and peaceful energy, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank mdk358
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We have stayed here twice for week-long vacations, and have loved both trips. Cinzia and Fiorenzo are fantastic, the food is good, and the location is ideal. Be sure to make an appointment for a massage with Fiorenzo!

Room Tip: Both the upper and the lower room are nice. The upper one has a bigger bathroom, while the lower on...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BeccaPDXtraveler
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Casa Buena Vista gets 5-Stars without a doubt! It was superb, private, quiet, super spotless and wanted to stay longer than our 5 days. The breakfast that is included was delicious and wanted to have it for dinner, too. I highly recommended to all who are visiting the Pacific Coast and do reserve as early as possible, so you will not be disappointed if they are booked. I hope my memories that I have of Casa Buena Vista stay with me as I reflect on Costa Rica.
Vivienne & Mike R.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vivienne R
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Stayed at Casa Buenavista in November 2011...Wonderful!! Hosts are very welcoming and friendly, and the place is lovely and peaceful!! Gorgeous gardens and very clean and spacious bedroom. Only a short walk from the beach. Would definitely return and highly recommend it!!! :)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IsabCanada
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I had a wonderfully time at Casa Buenavista this February. Cinzia and Fiorenzo are lovely hosts and made us very welcome at their B&B. I definitely recommend this place and these friendly people to anyone looking for a relaxing and secluded beach getaway.

We enjoyed Cinzia's delicious homemade breads, marmalades, and granola along with other fixings like eggs and fresh fruit for breakfast served on our private patio overlooking the jungle - often hearing and seeing howler monkeys from our view of the jungle.

The room was quite clean and well taken care of. With several windows for breeze and a ceiling fan, we opted to not even use the A/C at night. The small refrigerator was also a big plus for storing food and drinks from the nearby grocery/liquor store (just a short walk up the gravel road).

The small village of Carrillo also has several restaurants, and a 'soda' (cafe) within walking distance. And most importantly, is the excellent beach! Never have I seen such clear waters, nice sand lined with palm trees, with so few people. Most tourists in the region stay in Sámara, just a few kilometers up the road, with it's souvenir stands and beech-front music and hotels. Carrillo, on the other hand, suited us well by feeling off the beaten path, yet having everything we needed.

To get there, we flew into Liberia, Costa Rica airport, rented a car, and had no trouble driving on paved roads all the way to Playa Carrillo. We had read warnings about road conditions and potholes, but had no troubles in our 2WD compact car during the winter dry season.

If ever again in the Guanacaste region, we will definitely enjoy revisiting Casa Buenavista.

~ David

6 mi away
Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo
Hotel Paraiso del Cocodrilo
#11 of 16 in Playa Samara

Been to Casa Buenavista? Share your experiences!